• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shaka to Wake? It may be happening

Shaka ain't happening and we owe Manning $18 million. Somebody wrote it in an article so it must be true!

Miller may be the best we can do, which could provide a rationale to the powers that be to keep DM for another season.

Miller may not be what the board wants but he is tiers better than Manning.

Just remember, you can’t believe any of these rumors or “sources” that are quoted in the media. Even the latest story about the Texas supposedly keeping Smart no what what happens with the NCAA selection committee. Some of that could be a PR move so that a school that might be trying to poach Smart (aka Wake) would just have to come to the table with the best possible offer to help offset the money Texas owes Smart on his contract. It’s no different than negotiating that next car purchase on the car lot. I wouldn’t give up complete hope that Smart still might be coming to Winston. I’ve heard that supposedly things are in the works to try and find DM an Assistant coach position in the NBA, which of course would help Wake out on the big money “contract” that is owed to DM. It’s all about negotiating. I feel confident Currie is working behind the scenes to make something special happen. Go Deacs!

So in this scenario, suppose they both lose same round. What then? A game of horse?

No chance.

These are both young guys. The proposal is a televised 3 game series of 1 on 1. 3 point shots count.

Next to meeting in the finals with everything on the line, this is the dream scenario.

I’d love to have Shaka, but unless DM has a sudden case of guilt over taking millions from Wake while delivering little more than a steamy pile, I just don’t think we’ll be able to pay enough to entice Shaka to come. (Thanks, inept Ronnie.)

I think all parties are working on a separation. Can’t speak for Wake, but I was told Texas is willing and able to cut bait. I don’t think they have Shaka’s replacement though, but who knows.

Tell you what, I’ll go ahead and up my donation to $25 for the Rjkarl Will Get a Tattoo of Shaka Smart If Wake Hires Shaka Smart Fund.

Can someone who knows how set up a Gofundme?

Back