• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Poll

Do you talk to other people to come up with Sheep answers?

• Total voters
Hm, your answers don't fit what I do.
I have discussed questions/the game with PM or coworkers before submitting and don't see anything wrong with that. I've changed an answer maybe a handful of times if they mention something really obvious I didn't think of, but a google search could have done the same thing.
I see noting wrong with dv7 going, "Hey GSDIY, who does tay tay hate?" and her giving an answer. Her answer could have been "let me google that for you." Same thing.

Have never done it, don't think it's cheating. No applicable option. Bad poll.

nonny so salty from last week

a6512bb1afb9b19c423073d2d3c6ec9064edfdceba6c2a45f932d770384a52ff.jpg

This has nothing to do with last week. I would have lost this week as well.

I'm curious, when people were accusing the twins and co on cheating, what did you think they were being accused of?

If my wife played sheep, I wouldn't have asked her.

Massive difference, in my opinion. We aren't "doubling up" on answers if only one of us play.

So that's the advantage you thought people were complaining about? Getting an extra few points by doubling on answers?

All hail king of online games angle shooter, DV7.

terrible poll options

This has nothing to do with last week. I would have lost this week as well.

I'm curious, when people were accusing the twins and co on cheating, what did you think they were being accused of?

they're all playing the game. you're guaranteeing points when you collude w/ other players. how do you not see the difference?

The additional points from putting same answers is a minor advantage of talking to others in the game.

The major advantage is knowing what other people think is the top answer, and responding accordingly. And ensuring you're not putting a very bad answer.

This is a completely different game now that I know how people have been playing.

Think going forward we need to simply clarify one way or the other.

Although would people actually stop now that they know the rules? Or do we have to now allow any form of conversation outside of players within the game?

That's not cheating, IMO. How is it any different that googling? Dick move, sure, but not cheating unless he ask's someone in game.

It's not going to be good enough to just make a rule. We need to be prepared to enforce it. The best approach is probably to go ahead and beat up Doofus to set an example. Cheat by talking about Sheep to a spouse, and you get your ass kicked in real life.

The additional points from putting same answers is a minor advantage of talking to others in the game.

The major advantage is knowing what other people think is the top answer, and responding accordingly. And ensuring you're not putting a very bad answer.

This is a completely different game now that I know how people have been playing.

Think going forward we need to simply clarify one way or the other.

Although would people actually stop now that they know the rules? Or do we have to now allow any form of conversation outside of players within the game?

:firstworldproblems:
...or you just need to chill because it's an internet message board game we play as a work-day distraction.

eta: and this is coming from the woman who is The Rule Lady when it comes to board games/other situations where someone could be doing it 'wrong.'

Last edited:
Also we must now ban Leebs permanently from the boards. Sorry Leebs, but there are rules. Good luck with the rest of your life.

Maybe Leebs and DV7 start a new Demon Deacon sports message board where you can play Sheep and it's okay to talk to your wife or husband about it?

:firstworldproblems:
...or you just need to chill because it's an internet message board game we play as a work-day distraction.

eta: and this is coming from the woman who is The Rule Lady when it comes to board games/other situations where someone could be doing it 'wrong.'

You're correct it's really not a big deal. I just thought that everyone had always known the rule you don't talk to anyone else about your answers.

Curious OGB's opinion as an ex-shepherd.

Back