• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Poll

Do you talk to other people to come up with Sheep answers?

• Total voters
It's not going to be good enough to just make a rule. We need to be prepared to enforce it. The best approach is probably to go ahead and beat up Doofus to set an example. Cheat by talking about Sheep to a spouse, and you get your ass kicked in real life.

0905-randy-no-belll-v2.jpg

I think talking to other people goes against the spirit of the game but I file it under who really gives a crap.

Edited to add that asking the question to a person that isn't playing is completely different than talking with a teammate or multiple people.

Last edited:
Not caring about the rules is only something you can get away with if you have boobs. Typical both leebs and dv7 would have this opinion.

Leebs, the way to fix this is for the Pizza Man to become a regular poster on these here boards. Then he can play Sheep for real and also we can just chat with him on the CT, chat about life and stand-up 69s and which planets are best and whatnot.

Count me in the crowd of people who were more surprised to find out people playing sheep are OK with googling, but not OK with what DV7 did.

I don't really see a difference, and if pressed would say that googling is a worse offense, especially when you get family feud answers when you google.

If you don't have a problem with people saying "Well the first answer on google..." then you shouldn't have any problem with DV7 saying "Hey wife, does Taylor Swift delete people's phone numbers or some shit?".

Once google became popular and acceptable, I feel that basically everything other than "ok teammates, what do you think is best for #1, Kanye or Harry Styles?" became acceptable.

One of the basic rules of sheep (maybe the most basic) is you aren't supposed to discuss questions with other people.

That means you can go to forum X in theory and crowd source 20 responses a week and put together answers that way. I thought this was accepted and known by everyone who plays. Guess not.

One of the basic rules of sheep (maybe the most basic) is you aren't supposed to discuss questions with other people.

That means you can go to forum X in theory and crowd source 20 responses a week and put together answers that way. I thought this was accepted and known by everyone who plays. Guess not.

Wow. What a false equivalency.

Wow. What a false equivalency.

False equivalency to what? I'm not even addressing your example - I'm addressing the overall question and the rule which I thought was universally accepted (maybe just because on the Suque it was always posted as a rule).

3 years ago I worked as a law clerk with a group of 10 people around me. If every Thursday I asked their opinion and they chipped in opinions is that acceptable? If you can talk to someone outside the game about questions, you can talk to as many people as you want.

I answered the poll before I read all of the thread. I assumed the poll meant, "Do you talk to anyone else playing the game." To which I answered "no."

I have definitely talked to people outside of the game. It's no different than Googling answers. Sheep is a survey of the meta of the Wake board, not society. The best talking to outside people does is give you more possible information and ideas, not the answers.

Talking to other people playing the game would be straight up cheating.

If I were playing and it were decided that talking to anyone was cheating, I'd stop doing that.

Somebody needs to start a poll as to whether Nonny is a snowflake Millennial cuck who loses sleep over Sheep results and think Chick-fil-A is a fried chicken place.

Somebody needs to start a poll as to whether Nonny is a snowflake Millennial cuck who loses sleep over Sheep results and think Chick-fil-A is a fried chicken place.

His loss two Friday's ago was a tough one for him to take, apparently.

False equivalency to what? I'm not even addressing your example - I'm addressing the overall question and the rule which I thought was universally accepted (maybe just because on the Suque it was always posted as a rule).

3 years ago I worked as a law clerk with a group of 10 people around me. If every Thursday I asked their opinion and they chipped in opinions is that acceptable? If you can talk to someone outside the game about questions, you can talk to as many people as you want.

If all 10 of those people weren't playing in the same game, I wouldn't have a problem with it. You are probably going to get about 4-6 different answers within those 10, most (if not all) of which you already considered and then you would still have to make the final decision yourself.

Honestly, I think asking 10 people would be less advantageous than asking 1 or 2 because of this.

I answered the poll before I read all of the thread. I assumed the poll meant, "Do you talk to anyone else playing the game." To which I answered "no."

I have definitely talked to people outside of the game. It's no different than Googling answers. Sheep is a survey of the meta of the Wake board, not society. The best talking to outside people does is give you more possible information and ideas, not the answers.

Talking to other people playing the game would be straight up cheating.

If I were playing and it were decided that talking to anyone was cheating, I'd stop doing that.

Asking people gives you answers to the exact question asked. Googling doesn't.

It's not a huge deal - I guess I'm just surprised because I thought it was a commonly accepted rule.

The sole problem for non-cheaters in sheep is one in every 12 responses you just have a brain fart, or you don't have kids or something and miss the obvious #1 answer. If you start talking to anyone, then its 10x less likely you'll get stuck with a One bomb. Like if I could talk to someone who has kids I'd be way better off.

Note, REAL SHEEP doesn't have these problems.

Asking people gives you answers to the exact question asked. Googling doesn't.

It's not a huge deal - I guess I'm just surprised because I thought it was a commonly accepted rule.

Googling can LITERALLY give you answers from Family Feud of questions asked.

Stop being ignorant as I've mentioned this before.

Back