• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Week 8: Answers due Friday at 12

Hey ATS, imagine what we could do with 2 competent teammates.

giphy.gif

The only miss I had this week that I'm mad I didn't get was putting Brazil over Ecuador.

It was a weird week that I had a bunch of close second answers, and I feel like most of them could have been the top answer in different weeks. I was a little surprised healthcare wasn't a more popular answer, but I was thinking federal US government and not local US governments so education didn't even cross my mind.

Dallas, Newton, and Big are tilting. Big and huge are not synonyms. Newton is a physicist. Dallas is just like WTF, Houston is the largest and much better city.

Now that Detroit has gotten a facelift, Dallas might be the worst big city in America. Definitely the worst of the 3 possible answers. I go Capital unless it's obscure or there is an obvious answer but Houston would have been acceptable as the largest.

I'm going to disagree on "big". Synonym means similar or in the same vein. It's certainly not the best synonym but it works.

I'm more mad at myself on Newton. I swear I'm going to spend more than 5 min on this next week.

Hey ATS, imagine what we could do with 2 competent teammates.

Do you realize that I finished first or second in our group each of the first six weeks of this competition ? DO YOU ?

I really almost answered Descartes for the mathematician before going with Pythagoras.

Now that Detroit has gotten a facelift, Dallas might be the worst big city in America. Definitely the worst of the 3 possible answers. I go Capital unless it's obscure or there is an obvious answer but Houston would have been acceptable as the largest.

I'm going to disagree on "big". Synonym means similar or in the same vein. It's certainly not the best synonym but it works.

I'm more mad at myself on Newton. I swear I'm going to spend more than 5 min on this next week.

It's hard to argue that Detroit is even a big city. By the definition you must be using, Baltimore is one. And Baltimore is far worse than Dallas.

Since when is the federal government is in charge of education? WTF? I thought infrastructure was a fairly obvious answer there, and it got 3. Woof.

Are you people sure we're spending enough on defense ?

It's hard to argue that Detroit is even a big city. By the definition you must be using, Baltimore is one. And Baltimore is far worse than Dallas.

Hard disagree there. I love Baltimore. It has its issues but at least it's not Dallas. I don't expect a cowboy fan to understand.

Hard disagree there. I love Baltimore. It has its issues but at least it's not Dallas. I don't expect a cowboy fan to understand.

Clearly you've never seen the long-running TV documentary about Baltimore, The Wire

Clearly you've never seen the long-running TV documentary about Baltimore, The Wire

Based on life in Baltimore in the 80s and 90s and like many bigger cities, it's all about knowing where to go and where not to go.

Back