• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sheep Week Two: Answers due Friday at 12

i've always thought it would be interested to normalize scores each week such that the winner was at 100

would account for fluctuations in participation and give context to historically bad performances (or historically large margins of victory)
So SRC+ (Sheep Responses Created +).

I love it. Very Sabermetric view

one thing that i don't know if it really matters (see: not a stats guy) is that a "perfect score" on a week where someone doesn't get all #1 answers means that had they put the #1 answer on that/those question(s) then the "perfect score" would be higher

I think perfect score should be 100 so that we can see how well the winner did compared to history
Yeah. Score/Highest score of each question.
one thing that i don't know if it really matters (see: not a stats guy) is that a "perfect score" on a week where someone doesn't get all #1 answers means that had they put the #1 answer on that/those question(s) then the "perfect score" would be higher

@TownieDeac , get to work on this.

I believe 100 should be average, an SRC+ of 120 would be 20% above average. an SRC+ of 80 would be considered 20% below average.

The tricky part is making sure SRC+ is both Era and Shepherd adjusted.

Winning when it's a low scoring week (assuming similar number of entries) is actually more impressive right? It means that there weren't as many slam dunk questions.

Weird to wrap my head around, but tigerswood's performance to win this week is probably more impressive than last week even though he scored considerably lower.

Winning when it's a low scoring week (assuming similar number of entries) is actually more impressive right? It means that there weren't as many slam dunk questions.
right, the "hardest" win is one where there a lot of entrants and a low score

and as the season progresses, people stop playing, so winning week 10 doesn't earn you as many season points as winning week 1

Back