• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SHELTON MITCHELL DECOMMITS?

it really shows how far this program has fallen that there is angst over a guy ranked in the 70's decommiting...there was a time recently that the recruit ranked in the 70's was our worst recruit....

Well that's not true at all. Our recruits not in the top-79 by year:
2003 (2/4) - Kyle Visser (NR), Jeremy Ingram (NR)
2004 (1/1) - Cameron Stanley (NR)
2005 (2/4) - Harvey Hale (NR), Joe Dukes (NR)
2006 (4/6) - Ish Smith (NR), LD Williams (NR), Chas McFarland (NR), Casey Crawford (NR)
2007 (1/3) - Gary Clark (NR)
2008 (0/3)
2009 (1/2) - CJ Harris (NR)
2010 (2/5) - Melvin Tabb (93), Tony Chennault (NR)

So in the eight years preceding [Redacted], 13 of our 28 recruits were not in the 70s. A recruit in the 70s was always a good get for us.

Lol business as usual.

All you have done is try to blame Manning for this happening. You do realize that him backing out is entirely his choice? What if the kid no longer had the desire to play here or for Manning? What is Manning supposed to do to?

Yeah I just ignored that comment Waldo, I've made a resolution with the new coach to just not address idiotic posts from the [Redacted]-loathing era.

So i'm supposed to be losing faith in Manning already just because he lost/cut loose a #75 - #108 PG that he didn't recruit, and that situation is somehow supposed to be similar to the Dino fire/Bzz hire? Why don't you try turning down the aggression a notch and formulate that mess of a comparison into a coherent point. I doubt whatever you could come up with would make me any more upset over Shelton decommitting.

Who the fuck said anything about losing faith in Manning? My point was: You can't look at this in a vacuum, for the same reason that you always spout in Dino/Bz arguments. Even if losing a top 75 player was fine and not something we should worry about (it is not fine, and we should worry about it), it matters that we're replacing him with one of two guys who have never even sort of sniffed the top 75.

It's okay to introduce nuance into opinions. I'm not saying we need to fire Manning yesterday; I'm just saying that losing Mitchell is bad, and we should be concerned. We want open scholarships, and most seem to agree with that, but Moto and Mitchell (two of maybe four players on our roster who were decently rated out of high school) weren't the places to start. I can forgive him for Moto, because by most accounts Moto was being a douche, but Mitchell hurts. To pretend otherwise doesn't mean you're keeping a level head or whatever the fuck-- it just means you're not paying attention. The fact that, in your posts on this thread, you've admitted ignorance supports that.

Last edited:
All you have done is try to blame Manning for this happening. You do realize that him backing out is entirely his choice? What if the kid no longer had the desire to play here or for Manning? What is Manning supposed to do to?

Wow, pretty strong. I am pretty sure I've just proposed questions. Would have been nice to retain two very important guys who would have played a ton of minutes. I guess that couldnt be swung though as their minds were already made up.

did anyone expect a deep run in 2015-2016 if mitchell and moto were still here?

Wow, pretty strong. I am pretty sure I've just proposed questions. Would have been nice to retain two very important guys who would have played a ton of minutes. I guess that couldnt be swung though as their minds were already made up.

It absolutely would have been nice to hold on to them but I just don't know what you expect a guy to do if a kid feels otherwise?

It absolutely would have been nice to hold on to them but I just don't know what you expect a guy to do if a kid feels otherwise?

Dude, the same thing I expect him to do to a guy who isn't interested in Wake, recruit him and try to make him interested. Moto was a fan favorite, Shelton has been claimed the next big thing for years and was in love with Wake. It is hard for me to believe we couldn't get those guys to buy in. I can't find that troubling, but we expect a coach to come in and compete for 5 star guys with offers from UK, KU, UNC, Dook? The sky isn't falling but I don't think it is a Clawson-esq entrance either.

Baby already said what happened with Moto, and if Manning had succumbed to his threat it would have been the exact same thing [Redacted] would have done, ie the wrong thing.

Dude, the same thing I expect him to do to a guy who isn't interested in Wake, recruit him and try to make him interested. Moto was a fan favorite, Shelton has been claimed the next big thing for years and was in love with Wake. It is hard for me to believe we couldn't get those guys to buy in. I can't find that troubling, but we expect a coach to come in and compete for 5 star guys with offers from UK, KU, UNC, Dook? The sky isn't falling but I don't think it is a Clawson-esq entrance either.

I am sure he has been in contact with Manning and I am sure Manning tried to convince him to stick with his scholly. The knee jerk reaction from a lot of people on this board is crazy. I am not going to pretend that it doesn't suck losing a commit like this but everyone is carrying on like it was a slam dunk he was going to be great. I refuse to buy into hype on recruits until I see them play. I have seen too many kids hyped up like crazy to only turn out to be mediocre at best.

you can take mdmh out of pitt county, but you can't take the pitt county out of mdmh

Back