• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

Somedays I feel like I secretly live in a TV drama. So after the Halloween party that I went to with the one guy who left with the skank, another guy from my class basically made me crash at his place because I was told I shouldn't be walking by myself on the street (which was totally accurate). I kissed him that night, and he asked me out that week. I don't know him that well, so I said maybe after finals. Well I found out tonight that he is basically competing with the first guy for the same skank (and she already has a boyfriend who lives in Boston). WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!

You don't "compete" for skanks. They're first come first serve.

I talked to a friend to tonight for 2 hours about the situation she has with her ex. Definitely a good use of my time.

Somedays I feel like I secretly live in a TV drama. So after the Halloween party that I went to with the one guy who left with the skank, another guy from my class basically made me crash at his place because I was told I shouldn't be walking by myself on the street (which was totally accurate). I kissed him that night, and he asked me out that week. I don't know him that well, so I said maybe after finals. Well I found out tonight that he is basically competing with the first guy for the same skank (and she already has a boyfriend who lives in Boston). WHAT THE FUCK!?!?!

It's USC. Dudes aren't looking for girlfriends. They're just looking for "dates" that lead something else.

Okay - what's the verdict on nude peep-toe shoes with black tights? I'm wearing these shoes tomorrow and I want to wear tights so I'm not cold but I'm just not sure! Thoughts? (And by tights I mean like thicker pantyhose/stockings)

shoes_is71991.jpg

Okay - what's the verdict on nude peep-toe shoes with black tights? I'm wearing these shoes tomorrow and I want to wear tights so I'm not cold but I'm just not sure! Thoughts? (And by tights I mean like thicker pantyhose/stockings)

shoes_is71991.jpg

I may be in the minority on this, but I am not a fan of peep-toe or open-toe with hose/tights. For this reason, I pretty much only wear close-toe shoes in the winter.

I'm with WakeLaw; plus, what I like about nude shoes is that your leg kind of blends into them, elongating it... when you add the hose, it just separates it out as a different colored shoe. :shrug:

Yeahh I don't really love it either but I'm more wondering if I can get away with it =P

I'm okay with wearing nude stockings with them but I think the black would look better with the dress I'm wearing.

#firstworldchickproblems

do you have any similar black shoes?

I have other shoes but I just bought those and haven't been able to wear them yet so I really wanna!

I can't picture liking the look of black tights with nude open toe. To me, open toe is only for bare feet. But I'm no fashionista, so what do I know.

Darn, I figured as much. I just hoped that my non-fashionability was leading me astray.

Another question - my bridesmaid's dress is on sale for $60 and I really love it. Would it be weird to own the dress you used in your own wedding?

No! My second dress, is in the same line as my bridesmaid dresses (they get to pick a dress from 3 options). It is very similar to theirs but white. I'm trying to decide if there is a way to get it dyed after the wedding! It is a great cocktail dress.

oooooh a 2nd dress? mind if i pick your brain about how you decided to go with two dresses?

oooooh a 2nd dress? mind if i pick your brain about how you decided to go with two dresses?

That was a very easy decision. I fell in love with my second dress back in may, before I even looked for a gown. I wasn't looking for a second dress nor did it ever cross my mind. I have probably gone about things backwards, for example - I picked out bridesmaid dresses before mine. Being that the dresses were under $150, I quickly decided that I would just purchase my 2nd dress myself. Then we went dress shopping in July. The dress I got was WAY underbudget. Its absolutely stunning and I love it. But it is not at all conducive to dancing. At that point, my mother was all over the second dress. Pictures start around 2pm. The reception doesn't end until midnight. I will want to change and dance at some point. The reception is in two distinct halves. Part 1 formal dances, dinner, cutting of the cake. Part 2 party! So my second dress will be during the party time. I love both of my dresses. I got to put on the samples of both dresses again just a few weeks ago and was in heaven the entire time.

Funny part of all this - I am the low maintenance daughter. No frills etc. When my mother was describing me the other week she goes "she's not a girly girl" which is true. My sister always said she wanted 2 dresses. I always said it was the dumbest idea. They went in thinking I would get a simple a line. Mine is FAR from simple and not an a line. But everything is awesome!

Last edited:
Another question - my bridesmaid's dress is on sale for $60 and I really love it. Would it be weird to own the dress you used in your own wedding?

No, not at all. I'd bet no one would ever realize other than the bridesmaids, who would (should) not care. Go for it!

That was a very easy decision. I fell in love with my second dress back in may, before I even looked for a gown. I wasn't looking for a second dress nor did it ever cross my mind. I have probably gone about things backwards, for example - I picked out bridesmaid dresses before mine. Being that the dresses were under $150, I quickly decided that I would just purchase my 2nd dress myself. Then we went dress shopping in July. The dress I got was WAY underbudget. Its absolutely stunning and I love it. But it is not at all conducive to dancing. At that point, my mother was all over the second dress. Pictures start around 2pm. The reception doesn't end until midnight. I will want to change and dance at some point. The reception is in two distinct halves. Part 1 formal dances, dinner, cutting of the cake. Part 2 party! So my second dress will be during the party time. I love both of my dresses. I got to put on the samples of both dresses again just a few weeks ago and was in heaven the entire time.

cool! thanks :) just curious as to how that decision is made.

Back