• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

So, I came home to a fire in the fireplace, a glass of wine and some nice chocolate :)

J is the best, especially considering how ridiculous I was last night (I am usually pretty sane/not girly/moody... last night I could have cried because the curtains were blue. Just one of those nights).

So, I came home to a fire in the fireplace, a glass of wine and some nice chocolate :)

J is the best, especially considering how ridiculous I was last night (I am usually pretty sane/not girly/moody... last night I could have cried because the curtains were blue. Just one of those nights).

I HATE BLUE CURTAIN NIGHT!!! :tear:

No! My second dress, is in the same line as my bridesmaid dresses (they get to pick a dress from 3 options). It is very similar to theirs but white. I'm trying to decide if there is a way to get it dyed after the wedding! It is a great cocktail dress.

No, not at all. I'd bet no one would ever realize other than the bridesmaids, who would (should) not care. Go for it!

These are spot on- my wife actually picked a dress she already own for her BMs.

AWAR - My sister and I were going through Facebook photos last night looking for wedding pictures of bouquets. She's going through one of her grad school friends/classmates and goes "Hey, look there's a Wake wedding". It was your wedding!

AWAR - My sister and I were going through Facebook photos last night looking for wedding pictures of bouquets. She's going through one of her grad school friends/classmates and goes "Hey, look there's a Wake wedding". It was your wedding!

Small world! Who was it or what program is she in?

alright ladies, i need some suggestions for a black shoe i can wear through the winter that has a little heel.

boots are a possibility, but wondering what other shoe options are out there. the only black heels i currently have are some relatively low nine west leather heels; they're functional, but show a lot of toe cleavage (not good for winter) and they are kind of stretched out and the heel flaps off my foot so they're not the most consistent to walk in.

I ended up getting a great deal on a pair of Cole Haan round-toed pumps at Nordstrom... and then picked up an amazing wool coat at Old Navy for $40:

Air-Talia-Pump-D32770_A.jpg&wid=70&hei=70&wid=548&hei=548&fmt=jpg&qlt=90,0&resMode=sharp&op_usm=0.5,0.3,0,0

on839574-00vliv01.jpg

(I got this in a camel color)

I ended up getting a great deal on a pair of Cole Haan round-toed pumps at Nordstrom... and then picked up an amazing wool coat at Old Navy for $40:

(I got this in a camel color)

[Removed the pics for space]

Are those shoes the ones where they partnered with Nike Air? I have either the same pair or ones similar which I wear for work a ton, and they are still in amazing shape after a year plus of wear.

Great find on the coat.

[Removed the pics for space]

Are those shoes the ones where they partnered with Nike Air? I have either the same pair or ones similar which I wear for work a ton, and they are still in amazing shape after a year plus of wear.

Great find on the coat.

yep! super comfortable, i'm very excited about them :)

Small world! Who was it or what program is she in?

Check PM shortly.

alright ladies, i need some suggestions for a black shoe i can wear through the winter that has a little heel.

boots are a possibility, but wondering what other shoe options are out there. the only black heels i currently have are some relatively low nine west leather heels; they're functional, but show a lot of toe cleavage (not good for winter) and they are kind of stretched out and the heel flaps off my foot so they're not the most consistent to walk in.

I'm a big fan of boots of all kinds! I have several boots with 3 inch heels that I wear with my dress pants. Some are square toe, others pointed. Then I have 2 pairs of knee high calf boots that I wear with skirts and dresses. And then there are my cowboy boots that I occasionally pair with my dress pants, when wanting a more casual look.

Last edited:
yep! super comfortable, i'm very excited about them :)

Yes! So comfy.

Also, my favorite boutique posted a coat with a similar structure to their blog today (for about 10x the price). Based on the fact that I trust their sense of style more than any other, seems like you are in style in addition to finding a good deal.

awesome! Yeah, I wasn't planning on the coat at all- just meeting J over there after he got off work to see him try on jeans (didn't get any.... they're just not that great). However, after seeing the coat and then trying it on and then realizing it was 60% off through saturday, I couldn't say no. Now I just have to wait until it's not raining cats and dogs so I can actually wear it! Trench coat until then, I suppose.

Old Navy coats FTW!

We were there a couple of weeks ago and although I didn't go in looking for one, I ended up with this (I think similar 40% off deal to what you saw):

on839580-04vliv01.jpg

I have worn it pretty much every day since and have gotten multiple compliments on it (one of which came from a teenage trick or treater on Halloween). Loving the yellow!

Ladies: You need to check out Meesh & Mia. They have really cute college team items for women. I've been stalking their website for 6 months now waiting on them to carry Wake items and they finally do. Now I just wish I had to money to get either the dress below or the top.

WakeForest_DenimPocketDress_Black_Denim_Front__63197_zoom.jpg

WakeForest_Ruffle_FrontSleevelessTop_white_Front__35817_zoom.jpg

I wish the black dress had a gold zipper and belt.

Back