• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

ok, thanks. i just kind of freaked out when i saw that, because they did actually mention that they lock the doors. but i'm sure that's misleading. from a fire code standpoint, i'm sure it has to be something that only locks people OUT, not IN. this is just so, so far outside my comfort zone.

The place that I go to locks their outside door because you can't bring your stuff in to the actual yoga room so all valuables, etc are in an outer room. I usually lock my purse in my trunk and just bring in my keys/outerwear. Also at mine it seems like everyone that works there (maybe one woman stays outside to man the front desk?) comes in for the session.

you'll be fine. it's hot but not THAT hot. if you feel dizzy, just sit down for a pose. but they'd certainly rather you not leave. at my place they said if you leave, the instructor has to come out with you to be sure you don't faint or something.

and yeah I was super nervous before I went but it was not worth how wound up I got.

it may mean they lock the front doors (so your stuff is safe)

I hear pregnancy makes your feet grow (urban myth??) Chic...did you experience this?

yep. I was a 7.5 pre-E and now am a 7.5w or 8. It's not true for everyone and *some* of my old shoes still fit but something about the swelling and stretching makes it so they don't always go back

My mom & sister both went up a half size with each pregnancy. My mom wore an 8.5 before babies & has been a 9.5 since. My sister went from 7.5 or 8 before my nieces and she now wears an 8.5 or 9.

Wait...so after having a baby I might have to re-start my whole shoe collection? :eek:

yeah it is both thrilling and frustrating at the same time. Except I have no $ with which to replenish, so I am getting by on some workhorses (black mary janes and converse) and a few splurges (like my grey suede platform pumps)

Me too. on Monday I am getting paid $100 to do a market research group thing where we talk about shoe buying.

Also, market research= awesome (free pantene shampoo and conditioner to try, 2 boxes of cereal and 2 things of cinnamon rolls plus the shoe thing - and that's just this month - not to mention the $25 gift card to gap and the ~$90 worth of amazon credit I have redeemed in the past month or so

Ok everyone

My wife blows through books like no one else b/c she can't go to sleep without reading.

Does anyone have any good book recommendations?

what does she like to read? fiction, non-fiction?

She likes to read fiction before bed.

Her favorite authors are Isabelle Allende and Barbara Kingsolver; she enjoyed Water for Elephants, The Time Traver's Wife and Something Borrowed (but hated Something Blue)

Last edited:
Ok everyone

My wife blows through books like no one else b/c she can't go to sleep without reading.

Does anyone have any good book recommendations?

Have her read "Nicholas and Alexandra" by Robert Massie. I read a ton and was off all last week and am only 1/3 of the way through. It's like 700 pages in print. I know wakegrrl read and enjoyed it.

She may have read all of these already

A Widow for One Year- Irving (Owen Meany too if she hasn't read it, oh and Hotel New Hampshire - can you tell who my favorite author is?)
I know this much is true -Lamb
Beach Music (an oldie but a goodie)- Conroy

The Buddah in the Attic is supposed to be pretty good, Memoirs of a Geisha if she's not already read it.

Others that are just good reads (but non-fiction (kind of)) - Mountains Beyond Mountains, What is What, Three Cups of Tea.

I absolutely love Jen Lancaster for light reading. Not at all in line with the other books mentioned here, and not really fiction since she mainly just tells stories about her life, but she cracks me up.

The Buddah in the Attic is supposed to be pretty good, Memoirs of a Geisha if she's not already read it.

Others that are just good reads (but non-fiction (kind of)) - Mountains Beyond Mountains, What is What, Three Cups of Tea.

That sounds good, I may have to swing by B&N on the way home

Terrible idea. Whatever you do, don't give any more money to the fraud that wrote this book.

Back