• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

when i got dressed this morning, i thought to myself- this woudl be a perfect day for cowboy boots.

le sigh. hope you're loving yours!

woowoowoooo!

exact boots i want are on ebay for only $50 (right now). they're on my 'watch list'... fingers crossed the price doesn't skyrocket up in the next 3 days. if the picture is correct, they're in great shape!

WakeGal, do cowboy boots really mold to your foot, or does the leather in the ankle just break in? i'm totally cool that someone else has broken them in, but not as keen on having boots that are molded to someone else's foot. granted, i'll still get them anyway if they're under $100 because it's way better than $220, but just curious how much i'm going to have to undo.

oops, just became the highest bidder on a pair of glossy grey hunter rain boots.

we'll see if that's help up when i wake up!

thanks gals! I look forward to giving the new boots a spin soon.

And yay for good Words with Friends words! I've been playing against my mom and the last game I just kept getting good words and getting multiple letter/word tiles and I started feeling bad for beating her by so much. whoops.

in my current game with DHToy, i have 4 of the letter I. no joke. what the heck am i supposed to do with 4 Is?

in my current game with DHToy, i have 4 of the letter I. no joke. what the heck am i supposed to do with 4 Is?

Oh man, that's the worst. I would swap tiles. Though I get a little swap-happy in WWF.

Oh man, that's the worst. I would swap tiles. Though I get a little swap-happy in WWF.

yeah, i might. but swapping tiles is such a big gamble. there's always the chance you wind up with something even worse. plus you lose the turn. i've swapped tiles exactly once in my WWF history, and it didn't turn out well for me. i've been a bit gun-shy since then.

woowoowoooo!
WakeGal, do cowboy boots really mold to your foot, or does the leather in the ankle just break in? i'm totally cool that someone else has broken them in, but not as keen on having boots that are molded to someone else's foot. granted, i'll still get them anyway if they're under $100 because it's way better than $220, but just curious how much i'm going to have to undo.

A little bit of both. The heel is the main part. It will conform to the width of the heel, which prevents your foot from constantly slipping. Depending on the toe shape, they also conform there. The leather will slowly conform to your feet over time.

Noted. Next question- do I buy the cheap mustard-colored pants from h&m specifically for the bc game?

I hope it's chilly that day or the outfit planned in my head won't work...

I hope it's chilly that day or the outfit planned in my head won't work...

ya that happened with me this weekend... i had to go in a different direction at the last minute. oh whale, i can wear last week's scheduled outfit some other time!

Noted. Next question- do I buy the cheap mustard-colored pants from h&m specifically for the bc game?

I did this, but a skirt for the homecoming game. I saw several girls at the game in mustard colored pants.

Old Navy has some really chip cords in the mustard color.

And I dare say that it will be cold. Fall has definitely arrived in NC this week.

Woot. Thats what I can't decide- cords or jeans(ish). I'll have to go to old navy tonight and check things out.

yeah, i might. but swapping tiles is such a big gamble. there's always the chance you wind up with something even worse. plus you lose the turn. i've swapped tiles exactly once in my WWF history, and it didn't turn out well for me. i've been a bit gun-shy since then.

Probably the best move. I need WWF to add a feature where I can see all past moves, I'm pretty sure I've had instances where I've swapped tiles two turns in a row. I don't know why I do it so much, I think I'm just a nerd who would rather give up a turn if it gives me the chance of playing more fun words.

On the plus sides, I's are great if you get a Q or an X!

On another topic, why do some women talk on the phone in the bathroom? I have a few co-workers who do this. Am I the only one that thinks that's weird and kind of awkward?

On another topic, why do some women talk on the phone in the bathroom? I have a few co-workers who do this. Am I the only one that thinks that's weird and kind of awkward?

Probably a way to get in more personal calls at work. I used to have a ton of coworkers who would do that & I'd just SMH.

my personal rule is no talking while bathrooming. only exceptions: my mother (in a mall bathroom or somewhere w/ multiple stalls and we're in there together) and my best girlfriend... only when in person, never on the phone.

i am not mature enough to hold it together if you let out an errant fart while peeing/talking to me.

Back