• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

So gals, if you are wearing short boots with a skirt, what do you usually wear under them?

Earlier this week I wore ankle boots without any sock, and it felt odd. In cooler weather I'll wear tights but if I'm going bare-leg then do I need to consider socks of some variety. And I suppose this goes for other shoes too. I know some people who wear little nylon footie socks even inside flats. I wore some short athletic socks inside ankle boots last week, which worked okay, but I would feel strange wearing cotton athletic socks with dressy clothes, even if the idea is that you don't see them.

I generally go with the athletic socks because they are the only ones I have that stop at the ankles. I figure there's no harm if you can't see them! Plus I have a pair of boots that kind of hurt my heels, so I wear athletic socks with extra padding for those.

I generally go with the athletic socks because they are the only ones I have that stop at the ankles. I figure there's no harm if you can't see them! Plus I have a pair of boots that kind of hurt my heels, so I wear athletic socks with extra padding for those.

Me too. I always wear short socks under my boots. You cant see them, and it keeps your feet from sweating/boots from smelling.

Hey ladies, I come for advice. My fiancee and I need to get her engagement ring resized today, and I basically don't know where to start. Anyone have any advice on this? Things to watch out for? I plan to just call the guy I bought it from, ask his advice, and then try to find a dealer in Chicago that carries the designer of the ring.

Hey ladies, I come for advice. My fiancee and I need to get her engagement ring resized today, and I basically don't know where to start. Anyone have any advice on this? Things to watch out for? I plan to just call the guy I bought it from, ask his advice, and then try to find a dealer in Chicago that carries the designer of the ring.

Who is the designer? I've got friends in chicago that I could ask who they recommend.

Who is the designer? I've got friends in chicago that I could ask who they recommend.

It's a Ritani ring. They have a list of approved dealers on their website, but I'm torn between going to one of them or just making calls around to highly rated jewelers here. I live right outside the Loop, so there are a good 40-50 jewelers within walking distance.

The ring is platinum though, and the band has channel set diamonds about 3/4 around. I'm worried that's going to make this a bit more difficult than normal.

It's a Ritani ring. They have a list of approved dealers on their website, but I'm torn between going to one of them or just making calls around to highly rated jewelers here. I live right outside the Loop, so there are a good 40-50 jewelers within walking distance.

The ring is platinum though, and the band has channel set diamonds about 3/4 around. I'm worried that's going to make this a bit more difficult than normal.

Good that its only 3/4 and not all the way around. Both of mine have it 3/4 around and I was adament that I didn't want it all the way around. Let me email a friend of mine. His wife's ring is Tacori, but they really liked their jeweler and tried to get MtnDeac to use them for my ring, but we stuck with a local NC jeweler.

yep. you come to ladies asking for technical advice... we need to see the hardware.

and he never told us how he popped the question.. naked man?

60% of the time it works 100% of the time.

Hah. I'll get you guys pics when I get home. On my phone right now.

And the proposal part was pretty simple. It was our two year anniversary, and I just put out some flowers and a bottle of wine before dinner. We were just talking, and about half way through the bottle I told her how I felt and asked her. It wasn't entirely romantic though because she was balling pretty hard and wiping snot from her nose.

Hah. I'll get you guys pics when I get home. On my phone right now.

And the proposal part was pretty simple. It was our two year anniversary, and I just put out some flowers and a bottle of wine before dinner. We were just talking, and about half way through the bottle I told her how I felt and asked her. It wasn't entirely romantic though because she was balling pretty hard and wiping snot from her nose.

lol. this conjures a different image than the intended "bawling"...

nope, too late. i prefer balling.

my only concern w/ chicken wire ghost people is that i see drunk people trying to dance with them... and ultimately stabbing their faces on chicken wire.

just be careful, lol.

Seems to me your entire life is nothing more than a domesticated partnership in a messy apartment that may or may not contain a chicken.

that doesn't even make sense.

Back