• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

Texas: Peacock Jewelers in Schaumberg (hope I spelled that right).

Texas: Peacock Jewelers in Schaumberg (hope I spelled that right).

Awesome, thanks for the rec. We got a rec for another guy pretty close here, but We also still need to get the ring insured and appraised and all that jazz.

Q3JBL.jpg

There's the pic on her hand. This is the pic from the designer website. It's substantially the same ring, except hers has channel set diamonds on the band and not on the prongs. The two little details that I love are 1) the "ritani setting" diamonds set underneath the center diamond. Most people don't see them at first, but they give the ring some nice sparkle from the sides. And finally, there's 2) the prongs end in little tiny heart shapes. They're also hard to see with a naked eye sometimes, but when you look closely it's obvious. She loves that.

AAAACzbaQVsAAAAAAO48tg.jpg

Last edited:
well done.

Thanks lbe. I got really lucky, because the center stone is a family stone. My grandmother has a shitload of jewelry that she has inherited over the years, and she set aside 3 stones for each one of her grandsons. Apparently, about 50 years ago, she visited/sat bedside with two of her aunts (my great great aunts) as they were dying. Apparently she was the only one, because all of their jewelry (which was a lot, I guess, because they were widows of old West Texas ranchers) was basically given to my gmother. To this day, she literally keeps it in a box in her closet in her retirement home. It's a shocking amount of super old, vintage stuff that should in no way be kept in a shoebox in an old folks' home. Sometimes it makes me wonder what those old folks are keeping in their apartments.

Anyway, I basically called her up, told her all about what was going on and how I was ready for the stone, and I had it the next week. It definitely let me put my money towards the setting/band

Last edited:
yeah, that's awesome. family stones are where it's at.

Gorgeous Texas, I love the facet patterns of old stones personally. Thank you for sharing.

i LOVE it Texas! especially the tiny hearts in the setting-- little details like that that no one might notice, but she knows are so special.

Texas - that ring is awesome. In my opinion, its those little details that make a ring!

I should probably add that her ring isn't that fucking huge in real life. I'm not sure why it appears so large in that pic. The stone is like .8 carats. She just has tiny midget hands. We're getting the band sized down to a 4, and she could honestly probably go lower.

I should probably add that her ring isn't that fucking huge in real life. I'm not sure why it appears so large in that pic. The stone is like .8 carats. She just has tiny midget hands. We're getting the band sized down to a 4, and she could honestly probably go lower.

Bro, you shouldn't have shared this information. It's better for the stone to look huge so you look like a total baller.

Bro, you shouldn't have shared this information. It's better for the stone to look huge so you look like a total baller.

Yeaaa, but honestly, I was trying hard to find a setting for that stone that wouldn't make it dominate her hand or anything. I actually went to the jewelry store thinking I liked some halo settings, but those would have looked silly on her tiny fingers. So I went with the single stone (solitaire?).

Yeaaa, but honestly, I was trying hard to find a setting for that stone that wouldn't make it dominate her hand or anything. I actually went to the jewelry store thinking I liked some halo settings, but those would have looked silly on her tiny fingers. So I went with the single stone (solitaire?).

Yes those would have looked odd on her hand. I do recommend a diamond band, as that will compliment the ring very nicely.

You probably couldn't have gone with a bigger stone without it looking odd.

You made an awesome choice!

And yes it is a solitaire.

I don't know if any of you are on twitter, and how exactly you use it (just friends, news source, for fun, etc). But does anybody else follow honest toddler? I recently got on twitter and asked a friend who on twitter was funny that I should follow. Honest toddler has been my favorite. I can't even describe how funny he is, but if you're on twitter, I really think you should check him out. It is so funny.

I don't know if any of you are on twitter, and how exactly you use it (just friends, news source, for fun, etc). But does anybody else follow honest toddler? I recently got on twitter and asked a friend who on twitter was funny that I should follow. Honest toddler has been my favorite. I can't even describe how funny he is, but if you're on twitter, I really think you should check him out. It is so funny.

I periodically read the Honest Toddler blog, but I didn't know there was a twitter too. I'll definitely check it out, thanks!

Back