• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

DUDE.

Starboard.

I have been coveting Frye boots for like 4 years, and just can't pull the trigger. But yes, kickball is the one to hook you up.

I got a great deal on some brown harness style Fryes on ebay a couple years ago - I think I only paid around $100 for them (I might have bought them in the middle of summer or something...) I wear them a lot. I think they're really well made and should last a long time.

I really want some black riding boots. These are the ones I'm thinking about. http://www.zappos.com/frye-melissa-button-black-soft-vintage-leather

If it's 20% I may just keep any eye on ebay/some other shoe sites. Sometimes one site will have a good sale/coupon code, then you can pricematch to save more - onlineshoes.com does a 110% price guarantee, so that saves a little extra.

i like the melissa buttons a lot. i really like my current black boots, but those would be my top choice otherwise.
Good luck with ebay- you really need to watch things like a hawk. popular sizes shoot up in price really quickly and ultimately you might not end up saving that much (this has been my experience bidding on frye).

i don't know if i've ever heard of onlineshoes.com... I'll have to check that out and see if I can make the Billy Pull-On boots come to meeeee.

i have never heard of betch until this conversation.

Hey ladies, I was invited to a wedding in January and the dress is "winter formal." What does that mean? Floor length dress, I assume?

Hey ladies, I was invited to a wedding in January and the dress is "winter formal." What does that mean? Floor length dress, I assume?

I would think so. I would also venture to guess that you will see women in furs.

All I can think of is like Holiday dances in high school. I thought if they wanted long gowns it was supposed to be black tie?

Yeah, this is the first time I've heard of "winter formal." But I think WakeGal is right on the furs. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to wear.

It's also at a fancy-ish hotel in NYC. I'll likely be out of my league, but I feel like there could be some excellent outfits. Also, the bride is Hungarian. I have no idea what that means clothing-wise, but she'll have a ton of family there.

Betch reminds me of this comedian whose name I can't remember who put up all these video
Songs on YouTube in 2005-6. He dressed in drag and called himself Kelly and the best one was called Shoes.

Yeah, this is the first time I've heard of "winter formal." But I think WakeGal is right on the furs. Now I just have to figure out what I'm going to wear.

It's also at a fancy-ish hotel in NYC. I'll likely be out of my league, but I feel like there could be some excellent outfits. Also, the bride is Hungarian. I have no idea what that means clothing-wise, but she'll have a ton of family there.

Which hotel in NYC?

Hungarian family means its probably going to be very formal by US standards - especially if her family is well to do. There's a lot of old empire tendencies in Austria and Hungary that haven't really died out.

Eff. I want to live somewhere super fancy just for a little while. Vad, can you hook me up with a ball?

Which hotel in NYC?

Hungarian family means its probably going to be very formal by US standards - especially if her family is well to do. There's a lot of old empire tendencies in Austria and Hungary that haven't really died out.

Thompson ... either the SoHo or LES hotel, can't remember. So more of a downtown vibe, though I'm not sure how that will impact the clothing choices since there likely won't be a ton of New Yorkers there.

I don't know if her family is well to do. I do think they are somewhat traditional, but I don't know how much of that has to do with her family vs. culture in Hungary in general. (For example, her cousin came to visit and brought her boyfriend and one of his friends. My friend paid for everything for all three of them for the whole trip... air fare, tickets to shows, meals. She said that's the way they do it, the host takes care of her visitors. Is that an Eastern European thing? I have friends from a bunch of different cultures but that's the first time I heard that one.)

I mean, I try to be a good hostess and take care of everything at the house... But it's every man for their self when we are out. If I am the guest, if anything I try to buy the meal in thanks to my hosts.

I mean, I try to be a good hostess and take care of everything at the house... But it's every man for their self when we are out. If I am the guest, if anything I try to buy the meal in thanks to my hosts.

She gave them money to pay for dinners they went to without her. I asked her at one point why she was paying for the meal of a friend of her cousin's boyfriend when she wasn't even with them. I mean, it's not like that guy was there to visit her, he just wanted to take a trip to NYC.

Seems like they are hinting that a long dress is appropriate, but I'm sure there will be people there in shorter ones too. I would say I had a "winter formal" wedding (although we didn't really specify dress code or anything) with groomsmen in tuxes and men in suits, but the bridesmaids and most of the female guests wore short dresses.

I would add that if you want to do the fake fur thing, you can find some affordable wraps on Etsy! That's where I got mine...

295770_10150283317449171_1677830_n.jpg

Back