• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

Seems like they are hinting that a long dress is appropriate, but I'm sure there will be people there in shorter ones too. I would say I had a "winter formal" wedding (although we didn't really specify dress code or anything) with groomsmen in tuxes and men in suits, but the bridesmaids and most of the female guests wore short dresses.

I would add that if you want to do the fake fur thing, you can find some affordable wraps on Etsy! That's where I got mine...

295770_10150283317449171_1677830_n.jpg

holy lord i love your dress. love love looooooveeee it.

Yuuuup. Give me all the lace.

Seriously, any excuse to get LadyDeac to repost pics of that dress is a good one.

There are lots of pretty wedding dresses out there, but I do love the lace. My sister-in-law's dress this summer was AMAZING!

391579_10150974361948553_1569417058_n.jpg

553498_10150974364828553_823144595_n.jpg

555570_10150974369873553_1452058803_n.jpg

OMG i love that one too! when i was little I was obsessed with having an off-the-shoulder wedding dress. love the back of that one and all the lace too.

I love the buttons. Lace and covered buttons... Yes please.

WHOA WHAT. I will totally come.

I've seen a lot of interesting descriptions for attire to events. I think my favorite ambiguous one was "semi-cocktail". To this day I have no idea what that one meant and I did that invitation about 4 years ago.

Haha, semi cocktail?

My favorite was when I was invited to a wedding and they had a party at a club the night before where the attire was "grown & sexy."

Haha, no problem. If you can get to Vienna during the ball season (Jan - March) I can definitely get you tickets to at least one.

ive been daydreaming about this all day.

_7089747.jpg

i think this would be my ballgown.

with diamond jewelry.

...did i mention the daydreaming that's taking place?

lbe - I saw this on a calendar of Austrian balls ... maybe you don't have to fly all the way to Vienna (though, if you want to go to a ball in a real palace with real nobility, the offer still absolutely stands ...)

http://www.austrianspdx.org/index_files/Page318.html

Austrian American Society of Oregon, USA

Saturday, February 16th, 2013
Multnomah Athletic Club Ballroom
1849 SW Salmon Street, Portland, Oregon

6:00 pm No-Host Bar
7:00 pm Viennese Dinner
8:30 pm Opening of the Ball

Music by John Bennett and his Orchestra
With Members of the Oregon Symphony

Eek, dropped to page 3.

I don't really have anything interesting to post. I just realized that my posts so far this morning have been about abortion and how one of my favorite sports is being locked out and manipulated by a bunch of children, and that seems like a sad way to spend my morning.

So hello, chick thread. I'm having an early lunch. What's up with you all?

Eek, dropped to page 3.

I don't really have anything interesting to post. I just realized that my posts so far this morning have been about abortion and how one of my favorite sports is being locked out and manipulated by a bunch of children, and that seems like a sad way to spend my morning.

So hello, chick thread. I'm having an early lunch. What's up with you all?

about to leave for lunch/shopping break. trying to decide where to go. might go purchase that bag i posted on the fashion thread the other day if it's still tucked away in it's hiding place. i haven't shopped (well, i've been in stores but haven't bought anything) in a good little while so a little splurge might be in order.

Back