• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

well, we shall see how the zig zag goes. i'm optimistic!

i'll put photos on the fb girl group tonight.

I think there are some other So You Think You Can Dance fans on this thread. I watched this week's episode last night and thought Anna Kendrick did a great job as guest judge. She really seemed to be a fan and could reference specifics about the show. Last week Carly Rae Jepsen just seemed kind of clueless, without much to contribute, while also just not being entertaining. Like I love when Jesse Tyler Ferguson is guest judge even if he has nothing to say about the dancing, because he is funny.

have any of you ever heard of miche bags? their a line of purses where you buy a "base" bag, and then they have cover things on them so that you can trade out what it looks like. then you don't have to transfer all of your stuff when you use a different purse. dhtoy's stepgrandmother swears by them (i promise she's fashionable, even if she's in her 70s). i'm thinking about it. i need to get a new purse regardless, and i was thinking about actually having a couple of options for the first time ever. this would make it a lot easier to trade stuff (well, because you don't actually trade stuff).

anybody have experience with them? good company? durable product?

have any of you ever heard of miche bags? their a line of purses where you buy a "base" bag, and then they have cover things on them so that you can trade out what it looks like. then you don't have to transfer all of your stuff when you use a different purse. dhtoy's stepgrandmother swears by them (i promise she's fashionable, even if she's in her 70s). i'm thinking about it. i need to get a new purse regardless, and i was thinking about actually having a couple of options for the first time ever. this would make it a lot easier to trade stuff (well, because you don't actually trade stuff).

anybody have experience with them? good company? durable product?

I've never heard of those, but it looks pretty interesting. I remember a bunch of people having these little sorta round purses with wooden handles that you could button different covers on. It's a good concept. Let us know what you think if you do go that route!

i just read a bunch of blogs and ended up buying the classic base and two covers. people seem to speak really highly of the company, and i think it has potential to be great for somebody like me who is super low-maintenance (and wants to stay that way), but still wants to sometimes be able to feel slightly fashionable. plus, as far as purses go, it's really pretty affordable. once i've got the base bag, it looks like the various covers will just be $25-$30, which is cheaper than buying a new purse each time.

I think there are some other So You Think You Can Dance fans on this thread. I watched this week's episode last night and thought Anna Kendrick did a great job as guest judge. She really seemed to be a fan and could reference specifics about the show. Last week Carly Rae Jepsen just seemed kind of clueless, without much to contribute, while also just not being entertaining. Like I love when Jesse Tyler Ferguson is guest judge even if he has nothing to say about the dancing, because he is funny.

I don't watch the show, but I have this same feeling on guest judges in general. If all they do is provide color commentary, it's fine if they're actually entertaining... but it's way better when they can actually contribute to the show. Glad to hear Anna did a good job so I can continue to think she's wonderful and not feel bad about always having the cup song stuck in my head.

i just read a bunch of blogs and ended up buying the classic base and two covers. people seem to speak really highly of the company, and i think it has potential to be great for somebody like me who is super low-maintenance (and wants to stay that way), but still wants to sometimes be able to feel slightly fashionable. plus, as far as purses go, it's really pretty affordable. once i've got the base bag, it looks like the various covers will just be $25-$30, which is cheaper than buying a new purse each time.

Let us know how you like them! I was just browsing through the site and I really like the idea.

Can you use the base as a simple black purse? Or does it look like a base?

Let us know how you like them! I was just browsing through the site and I really like the idea.

Can you use the base as a simple black purse? Or does it look like a base?

i guess i'll see when it gets here, but i think the base looks very base-ish. i don't think it'd make for a very attractive stand-alone purse.

I got dragged into a pitch for those bags not long ago... The ones I saw weren't my style, but the idea is nice. Bags (and shoes and jackets/coats) are one of the things I really like "investing" in. If you're carrying a great bag it can really make you look pulled together.

question for you ladies who know more about fashion than i do:

sheer tops...what do you wear under them? i got a white (more like ivory, maybe?) top in my latest stitch fix, and i LOVE it. but i tried putting a white tank top under it, and it just didn't really look right (it may be because the tank top has lace on it, and it was just too much stuff on it to really be an undershirt). so i'm wearing the shirt at work today with a yellow basic tank top underneath it. but dhtoy wasn't a fan at all.

can you do bright colored tanks under a sheer top? or should they be muted?

how sheer is it? if it's SUPER sheer, i'd probably do a color and be ok with it. if it's more opaque and just happens to be see-through, i'd probably try to keep it a neutral underneath.

I love it when the girls are feeling a bit slutty and just rock a black bra underneath, showing off the back/midsection and all that. Had a wonderful sighting of that outfit just last night.

Although I have a feeling that's not the look you're going for.

I love it when the girls are feeling a bit slutty and just rock a black bra underneath, showing off the back/midsection and all that. Had a wonderful sighting of that outfit just last night.

Although I have a feeling that's not the look you're going for.

It's pretty hawt for sure doe.

how sheer is it? if it's SUPER sheer, i'd probably do a color and be ok with it. if it's more opaque and just happens to be see-through, i'd probably try to keep it a neutral underneath.

hm, it's like in between the two things you describe. like on the styling card that came with it, it doesn't suggest anything under it. but IMO, it's very see-through. like i would absolutely never wear it to work without something underneath it, and i definitely don't think i'd ever be comfortable enough to wear it out anywhere else without something underneath. if i had to choose, i think i'd say it's closer to the opaque that happens to be see-through. maybe i need to just post a picture for you to see (although i'm not sure how well a cell phone picture would show how see through it is).

maybe you should go look for a simple nude cami? the coverage underneath while being pretty invisible?

yeah, i'd go nude or black underneath probably. nude if you're trying to pretend it's not sheer, black would be more like "i know it's sheer, here's the shirt i'm wearing underneath and it's kind of edgy." i think white underneath would be too much like "look at my undershirt!"

got it. i can do that. i kind of thought i was being cute by playing up a different color, but alas, my lack of fashion sense gets me again :)

Back