• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

Went to ON. The cords weren't on sale and they didn't have many colors so I got a pair of hunter green skinny jeans. I think they might be cheaper online so I might return but I like the color at least! Apparently I am just never going to own anything but jeans, though.

if anyone is interested in tracing the history of the contemporary english word "kitchen," it appears to have started from the feminine form of the latin coquinus (of cooks)/coquus (cook)/coquere (to cook) as coquina and then taken from the vulgate "cocina" and filtered through germanic kokina or old english cycene through middle dutch cökene and old high german chuhhina into contemporary german Küche and contemporary dutch kjøkken.

so in spite of my best new historicist/proto-feminist efforts at divorcing the word's contemporary etymology from the feminine, it appears i cannot. sorry ladies.

and since you ladies weren't interested, i sent my findings to my gf, who promptly responded:

yes but "Kuchen" is german for "cake" so us ladies have cake going for us

and since you ladies weren't interested, i sent my findings to my gf, who promptly responded:

yes but "Kuchen" is german for "cake" so us ladies have cake going for us

and that's why she's your girlfriend. :thumbsup:

Yeah, I didn't have anything smart/funny to say like she did so I didn't respond.

Oh hello, Zach Parise. Sweet Olympic clothing from Ralph Lauren.

Zach_Parise_1.jpg

The hat is cracking me up.

Meet the Athletes

Ok, time to order yarn...gypsy, canopy or harvest? or go off the board...anything in a washable worsted.

like this in lost lake heather. So tough to choose.

I think I liked the gray in the first grouping better (Thunderhead or something). It seemed like it had more depth. Is it for a blanket? I liked the gypsy and canopy. Harvest is really vibrant and I really like it but for a whole blanket I can't decide how I feel about it.

oooh, i love the gypsy and harvest. the canopy is pretty, but i feel like the one bright green in there is a little too blue/teal/something for it to play nicely with other muted colors. I dunno, I'm weird about greens sometimes. The bright reds and oranges are awesome, though.

Ok if you have time to post about YARN you have time to answer a few questions in your AMA, chic.

it's for the new baby's blanket, ELliott's is sage and cream. This one is lacier so I wanted it in a stronger color. Thunderhead might be a good option.

oooh, thunderhead and dublin! and the harvest!

that might be too "Look! Ireland!" though.

I was going to say that Thunderhead and Harvest together would look good if you're going more than one color.

yeah, i like the stormy gray and fiery orange.

Ok, time to order yarn...gypsy, canopy or harvest? or go off the board...anything in a washable worsted.

I just bought canopy in my last purchase. I loved it.

I'm very partial to the shine worsted yarn. I'm using it right now in four different gifts.

I just bought canopy in my last purchase. I loved it.

I'm very partial to the shine worsted yarn. I'm using it right now in four different gifts.

I went with Thunderhead, but was really torn.

Back