• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

The way I understood that is yes, it just means you use a double strand of the yarn. The tips/video is just giving instruction on how to make it happen knot-free from your skein/how to wrap the yarn to be able to do it knot-free..

The way I understood that is yes, it just means you use a double strand of the yarn. The tips/video is just giving instruction on how to make it happen knot-free from your skein/how to wrap the yarn to be able to do it knot-free..

I've done a lot of project with that but it always difficult for me to figure that out. Sometimes the pattern writers use different terms.

Thanks!

so I just bought a pair of ankle length pants and am wearing one to work today. I keep wanting to tell people they are ankle length and not that I'm just wearing pants that are too short. feeling awkward.

Chic, when this pattern says doubled does it mean just knit with two pieces of the same yarn?

http://www.purlbee.com/the-purl-bee/2011/9/15/whits-knits-chevron-baby-blanket.html

I'm thinking about this one for the next baby blanket
That is what it means.

FWIW, I have made this blanket and I just made it single stranded.
image_medium2.jpg

That is what it means.

image_medium2.jpg
This is only one of the blankets I made (I did another one but the colors in the pictures make it look off). If you can't see the pic...find me on ravelry (chicdeac).

so I just bought a pair of ankle length pants and am wearing one to work today. I keep wanting to tell people they are ankle length and not that I'm just wearing pants that are too short. feeling awkward.

Pretty much all of my skinny pants end up looking like ankle pants, so it's convenient that they're now a 'thing.' Even without seeing yours, I bet they're cute!

This is only one of the blankets I made (I did another one but the colors in the pictures make it look off). If you can't see the pic...find me on ravelry (chicdeac).

how long does it take you to make a blanket like that? also, is knitting difficult? note: i know how to crochet, if that means anything.

how long does it take you to make a blanket like that? also, is knitting difficult? note: i know how to crochet, if that means anything.

I can't crochet so I don't know about a comparison but I made that in a few weeks (and I can only knit when E is asleep pretty much). I think knitting is easy but I have been doing it forever and seem to have a "knack" for it. My mom has been knitting way longer than I have and many of the projects I tackle are too tough for her.

Hm.

I think I'm at least going to take up crocheting again, just so my hands can have something to do as i sit and maybe I'll be less inclined to get on the computer again when I get home. Even if all I do is make hats, there are plenty of places to donate them.

I'd sort of like to knit but I'd have to lock the cats up during, so it couldn't just be a mindless thing to pick up when I'm watching TV. I knit one big scarf once for an ex before I had cats. It was neat to make something.

That is what it means.

image_medium2.jpg

Awesome. It's decided. That will be the next baby blanket. I need to start putting pictures of mine up on ravelry. I did it for the wine coozies that I made at Christmas but that's it so far.

I only knit. Most of my baby blankets take only 1 month. I only knit a few nights each week. I think its really easy. My only issue is sometimes the wording they use is confusing because few patterns are written exactly the same. Different pattern makers means different styles of writing. That's not so much a knitting issue or difficulty issue but instead my reading disability.

I can't crochet so I don't know about a comparison but I made that in a few weeks (and I can only knit when E is asleep pretty much). I think knitting is easy but I have been doing it forever and seem to have a "knack" for it. My mom has been knitting way longer than I have and many of the projects I tackle are too tough for her.

trying to load up my kindle in case we lose power tonight and also for a couple of long flights this weekend. any recommendations? I generally like love stories and mysteries, but am open to anything!

enjoying the husband's secret right now.

Agree on that. Would recommend.

Also recently liked The Interestings.

Do you like YA/dystopian stuff? The Divergent trilogy is fun (the first book is the best, as is usually the case, but Insurgent and Allegiant are also good)

Some of these are older, but other books I've read in the last couple years and would especially recommend:

Where'd You Go Bernadette
Ready Player One
Gone Girl
Wild
The Night Circus
Unbroken
Replay
Reconstructing Amelia

Do you like Jodi Picoult? I've liked some of hers more than others, and hadn't read any in a while, but just finished The Pact and would recommend that and Nineteen Minutes.

Yeah, I like Jodi Piccoult's stuff when I need something mindless. All of the plots start to kind of run together, but I do really remember liking The Pact.
I'd also recommend The Paris Wife. It's a fictional novel written from the perspective of Ernest Hemingway's first wife - I really enjoyed it.

some solid recommendations! thanks ladies! and yes, i like jodi picoult but have only read one or two of her books that i can remember.

Back