• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

I got a sample from a friend who is a Jamberry rep. You can search for a local rep on their site or wait for someone you know to have a party

I'm happy to invite you to mine but it might be a few weeks, so if you don't want to wait, I get it.

Last Jamberry post, I promise
fd9bd95be4e25a70b04ffca56f29aa6f.jpg
candy chevron manicure -fun.

Figured this was the best place to post this...

A good friend of ours is retiring to move to Swaziland to mentor the women caring for the kids at a baby home for 2 years and my wife is doing a jewelry giveaway to raise funds for her living expenses.

Check it out, donate to enter to win, or at least share it to increase exposure (also scroll down b/c I think my wife's a kickass writer and she shared some thoughts on Ferguson).

Giveaway

Thanks so much

OMG, the Harry Potter party, you guys are awesome.

And yes, the piece on Ferguson made me cry.

I know there are so many blogs out there, but lately I have been reading Manhattan Nest, as I wanted something new since Young House Love is gone. Just thought I'd share with the ladyfriends since we've talked decor blogs here before. Also sometimes I just go and check YHL just in case they came back. :couch:

My three most-read are now Manhattan Nest, Bower Power (polarizing I realize) and Making It Lovely.

nice! thanks for the recommendation of Manhattan Nest. I've been looking for something to fill the void; I was just thinking about YHL this morning and hoping they'd come back.

I read the first and last every now and then. You know my feelings on ol BP.

yeah. i check BP every once in a while, but i get more bothered by them. clicks = $ and i don't necessarily want to support it... i think that's how Matt Walsh makes money. he writes the most offensive posts, does really sensational titles, adn gets $$ from people clicking because they can't believe what they're seeing. dirty.

Okay, now that I have a job that makes me look nice, I have some questions that have probably been talked about before but I don't remember the consensus opinion.

1. What's the rule about belts on slacks? Dudes are always like NO BELT UGGHH but I feel weird wearing a belt and don't need them in most dress pants. If I have belt loops do I have to wear a belt?
2. Pantyhose. If you're wearing a skirt, do you have to wear hose/stockings?
3. What are some comfortable but decently priced ($40ish) pumps/flats? Just go to DSW and shop around?

1. I dunno about belt; if it has loops, I wear one.
2. Pantyhose are the devil and I never wear them unless it's winter and they're for warmth.
3. Nine West outlet stores usually have BOGO sales or something- keep an eye out for them, they're nice and they last, and BOGO gets you down to like 2 pairs for $75ish.

I don't wear a belt with slacks. In fact I don't even own one because I'm allergic to nickle. Most of the time when I wear slacks, I'm wearing a cardigan or long sweater and a belt would look just odd with that.

I never wear hose except for when I need warmth. Then I typically pair a thick pair of tights with either flats or riding boots.

As to shoes, flats are a pain in the ass to find. Lands end has some really comfy one but you would need to buy them on sale. Belk is running most of their flats and riding boots at 40% off through Sunday.

I like a belt with dress pants (I also hate the word "slacks"). A belt just gives a sense of completion when there are belt loops on your pants.

big no on pantyhose unless they're opaque tights and are worn for warmth or fashion.

I second the Nine West nomination, but also check around marshalls-- the one close to hanes mall has a really great shoe section that would give you a lot of options in the $40ish range.

I have the cognac and the black in those and find them comfortable and so far ate holding up really nicely

Sweeet. Screw hose! I sometimes tuck my shirt in so you can see my waist but I think I'll continue forgoing the belt.

Back