• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

#SheWomanManHatersClub

Whaaaaaaaaaa, that looks insane. Update on how it turns out and link to recipe??

Also, I bought a wedding dress today. YAY! Tried on about 10 it was the 4th one and I loveeee it. Taking a day off work to go when it would be not crowded at all was the best decision.

hoooray! so exciting that you found one. :D

Whaaaaaaaaaa, that looks insane. Update on how it turns out and link to recipe??

Also, I bought a wedding dress today. YAY! Tried on about 10 it was the 4th one and I loveeee it. Taking a day off work to go when it would be not crowded at all was the best decision.

soooooo... what is it like? neckline? lace or beading or what?

It's mostly chiffon, strapless, the neckline is slightly sweetheart, across the top and diagonally down is some sewn flower design with subtle beading and mayyybe my favorite part is the lace up back. I'll try to get some pictures posted in a few!

Oh and I might have to steal that dyeing the cheesecake green idea because we are having a green lunch at school in march where everything has to be green!

Alright some pictures. Keep in mind that I am a very casual dresser, didn't want any sort of ballgown, and we are getting married outside on a harbor. Oh and it was under $500 bucks!

2igozf4.jpg

sgq3dh.jpg

That's beautiful!! It's great for summer - it looks really light. Congrats on finding THE DRESS!!

That is a great dress and a great price! Is it looser at the bottom or a fit and flair?

Alright some pictures. Keep in mind that I am a very casual dresser, didn't want any sort of ballgown, and we are getting married outside on a harbor. Oh and it was under $500 bucks!

2igozf4.jpg

sgq3dh.jpg

OH MY MY... THAT IS JUST FABULOUS.

I don't know why you felt the need to explain that you're a casual dresser or felt the need to defend the choice of your dress. It's absolutely phenomenal. Your wedding day is YOUR day and as long as you're happy that's what's important. You're making YOUR memories.

All that being said, I feel that you've picked an excellent choice that will be both appropriate for the venue as well as the formality that is marriage. The fact that you were able to keep it under $500 is just icing on the cake. It's an absolutely beautiful dress, and I have no doubt that you'll make it work.

It's pretty loose and flowy at the bottom, some train, but not out of control. I think it's considered A line?

OH MY MY... THAT IS JUST FABULOUS.

I don't know why you felt the need to explain that you're a casual dresser or felt the need to defend the choice of your dress. It's absolutely phenomenal. Your wedding day is YOUR day and as long as you're happy that's what's important. You're making YOUR memories.

All that being said, I feel that you've picked an excellent choice that will be both appropriate for the venue as well as the formality that is marriage. The fact that you were able to keep it under $500 is just icing on the cake. It's an absolutely beautiful dress, and I have no doubt that you'll make it work.

LOL so hard at this. Amazing.

2igozf4.jpg

sgq3dh.jpg

Gooooooorgeous! Love the lace up.

The new boards are weird, ladies. All ya'll's avatars are huuuuge.

agree on loving the dress! congrats!

and yep, agree on the new boards too. the sticky note at the top said they're working on getting it where they want graphically. so hopefully it's just a waiting game until it's easy on the eyes again.

agree on loving the dress! congrats!

and yep, agree on the new boards too. the sticky note at the top said they're working on getting it where they want graphically. so hopefully it's just a waiting game until it's easy on the eyes again.

+1 congrats cali

Glad I am not the only one who was like :eek: I haven't had time to check the boards in a few days and I was hoping I wasn't coming back to a place where you all totally got the new set up and I was all confused/horrified

I love the dress! And Timgunndeac is the best :)

+1 congrats cali

Glad I am not the only one who was like :eek: I haven't had time to check the boards in a few days and I was hoping I wasn't coming back to a place where you all totally got the new set up and I was all confused/horrified

I just came to the boards for the first time and I'm so glad to know I'm not the only one who's :tard:.

Cali, looooove the dress! The laceup in the back just rocks.

i'm know i'm not a regular contributor to this thread, but that is a really pretty dress. well done.

Back