• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Shooting at an Orlando Gay Night Club

my point is. There are mass murders and certainly in that context looking at gun control can be an important issue. However, the broader context here is a ideology that is mob ilizing thousands abroad and hundreds at home to commit murder in the name of it. we have doctors that can help identify mentally ill people but how can we fight this jihad being waged against us. WE can look at gun control but boston marathon was a bomb and 9/11 was a plane etc. This is why people on the right get irritated with the left.

Glad you brought up airplanes. After 9/11 we immediately changed the way air travel/security works. Locked cockpit doors, TSA, limited to 4oz of liquid, the list goes on and on. Hell we even take our fucking shoes off.

But we can't look at stricter gun control?

There are two separate issues at play here predominantly (excluding mental health of humans-beings for the time being).

1. The compatibility of Muslims/Radical Islamists in the United States.
2. The ease of ownership and the sheer number of guns in the United States.

In this case the two happen to overlap, but overall Radical Islamist Extremists have carried out very few mass shootings in America.

A lot of people are trying to mesh everything at play here (mental health, homophobia, RIT, and guns) to attribute why it happened, but I think that's a vast oversimplification of the issue at hand.

would the families of Sandy Hook, Charleston, Aurora, Columbine, etc. be ok with simply a ban on "radical Islam"?

I know that you are busy and all that. But I have repeatedly posted my opposition to the current easy availability of guns in the US. Let me know how many more times you need for me to repeat it for you.

Glad you brought up airplanes. After 9/11 we immediately changed the way air travel/security works. Locked cockpit doors, TSA, limited to 4oz of liquid, the list goes on and on. Hell we even take our fucking shoes off.

You mean we didn't just ban Muslims from planes?

pretty sure pipe bombs are banned. also, that's something someone created. guns are available to kill as soon as purchased.

You can buy one in 7 minutes and kill in 8.

or you could bring a loaded magazine in your pocket, slam it into the pistol when they hand it to you and shoot the guy in the store.

or you could bring a loaded magazine in your pocket, slam it into the pistol when they hand it to you and shoot the guy in the store.

So 7 minutes, 10 seconds.

I have never been opposed to stricter gun laws.

pretty sure pipe bombs are banned. also, that's something someone created. guns are available to kill as soon as purchased.

guns are an issue - however my point is if you had no guns in this country Muslim extremism would STILL be a fucking major threat that is growing in the US.

guns are an issue - however my point is if you had no guns in this country islam extremism would STILL be a fucking major threat that is growing in the US.

so maybe we need to decouple those things in every discussion?

Black Lives Matter activist at Orlando shooting vigil. Incredibly cringeworthy. Could not watch it all.

guns are an issue - however my point is if you had no guns in this country Muslim extremism would STILL be a fucking major threat that is growing in the US.

Your belief is that we should work on "Muslim extremism" before gun control?

Outside of stupid platitudes like "ban all muslims from the country!!!," I am open to suggestions of how we might better insulate ourselves from islamic extremism. But I refuse to believe that taking such steps would help significantly reduce the amount of gun violence in this country by itself.

Also, planes serve a much greater purpose than being killing machines.

Enjoy this argument. You'll come to learn that guns are just tools or instruments, and bicycles are deadly weapons. #gymnastics

Back