• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Short sleeved shirt with a tie: yea or nay?

How do you feel about the short sleeve shirt with tie look?

• Total voters
May not be my style but to a wedding with a bunch of friends who cares? It won't be as hot.

lol

resized_dwight_schrute_the_office_short_sleeve_dress_shirt.jpg

You'll be comfortable, I'll grant you that.

Have some dignity: roll your sleeves up instead of taking fashion advice from Dwight Schrute.

As a 98 lb weakling, I don't have the upper body to pull it off. I would not wear it to a wedding unless I hit the gym every day for the next two years and got rid of my damn tinkertoy elbows.

To the question of donk or bro, I would say it all depends on the person wearing it. If the person wearing it initially went through Brasky's thought process of whether or not it was donk or bro, it's likely bro. If the person has a closet full of short-sleeve dress shirts and wears them because he doesn't know better, it's likely donk.

That said, my go-to is always the long-sleeved shirt with the sleeves rolled up. When I'm at work, just above the wrist and with tie. If I'm going out, maybe just below the elbow, and if I'm feeling particularly ambitious, above the elbow (or if the shirt has a button strap keeping the sleeves rolled up)

Last edited:
I think when people see you pull up in your 91 Firebird with Rush blaring out of your after-market Jensen, they'll give you a pass on the sleeves/tie.

So is this for an outdoor wedding? If so, the answer is obvious and as old as people have been wearing suits.

Suit for the ceremony
Drop the jacket if it gets long or as the reception starts
Roll up the sleeves once the reception gets going

A small set of fashion forward individuals could pull it off and make it look BRO. Brasky cannot - much like the bulk of us - cannot.

DONK

So is this for an outdoor wedding? If so, the answer is obvious and as old as people have been wearing suits.

Suit for the ceremony
Drop the jacket if it gets long or as the reception starts
Roll up the sleeves once the reception gets going

yep

Back