• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Siblings

These are my nieces. Lauren with the big grin and Allison looks a little shy.

2uigk13.jpg

I have a full brother who is 2 years younger and I am not particularly close to, but just because he was a very troubled teen and I think is just kind of a loaner. It's just how he is. I have a half brother who is 14 years younger and I am pretty close to, especially because it was just my mom, me and him for the first 4 years of his life. I have a half sister who is 18 years younger, we're not super close, but I think it's the age...she's just kind of a brat still at this point, she'll grow out of it and I can see us being close when she starts college or something.

We have one awesome kid (seriously, he's great) and are planning on a second soon (though I found myself worried a little yesterday about whether E will feel replaced or a new baby will get enough attention, I am sure all parents of more than one that aren't twins feel that way at one point or another). I want 3, but Matt is pretty sold on only 2. We'll see how 2 goes and then re-evaluate. We definitely want E to have a sibling (in my head it's a brother, but I think Matt wants a daughter eventually...maybe that's how I will get 3).

Last edited:
i have a sister who is 18 months older. i think the time when we could have gotten closer was late high school/college for me but she was living year round in D.C. already so I only saw her a few times a year (and then I started living year round in NC). Her and her husband now live in Utah. I hate her husband, call it a mix of him being an asshole and our personalities clashing from time to time. I talk to her maybe once a month if at all.

My sister and I aren't particularly close, but when we're together we get along pretty well because we have similar senses of humor. She lives in Atlanta and went to college in SC so I don't see her often anymore.

My brother and I are 3 years apart and very close, product of moving a lot when we were younger. Strangely we are completely different from each other. He went to UNCW and kind of bailed halfway through. Now he works at Whole Foods and is content to just kind of kick back at the beach and do his thing. My family kind of feels like this is just a phase as he's a smart kid but just taking a longer road to get there.

I have one sister 16 months older than me. She and I were very competitive growing up. My mom says that I started trying in school just to take some of the shine off her. She was very spoiled growing up and it has hurt our relationship. We see each other twice or so a year. We get along, but are not close.

I have three kids. My two girls are 18 months apart. They are very different and we are tying to let them know that it is ok for one to excel at somethings and not others. It is hard. The younger one is a great athlete and just made the "team" after three days of soccer tryouts. We knew she would make it. Older daughter try outs are this week. She has an outside shot, but I would say it is not likely she will make it (She is a great player, just very small for her age and not very fast or aggressive, so it is hard to stand out in a try out situation). Going to be a life lesson is she does not make it.

I only have one sibling. We're close in age (I'm 2 years older), but weren't all that close as kids. We're much closer now as adults, and I suspect will only get closer now that she had her first kid yesterday, making me an uncle. Her son is only be a few months younger than my current youngest.

That said, my wife grew up in a big family. She has two siblings, but her mom has 5 siblings, so at family get togethers, in addition to the 6 siblings and their husbands/wives, there are 20 grand-kids and their 5 husbands/wives/significant others, 5 great grand-kids with more on the way, 7-8 dogs, etc. I enjoy the big family, even as an introvert (the introverts in the family hang out to drink and smoke pipes together when needing to get away from the crowd) and would love to have that as a grandfather later in life. So, to that end, I have a 4.5 year old (biological), a 2 year old (biological) and a 7 month old (adopted). I'm thinking we'll end up somewhere around 5 total. Hoping to adopt at least once more.

I'm one of three and I've always been close with both of my brothers but they've never really cared for each other. It's a shame and puts me in the middle a lot.

I can say definitively after six weeks with a second child that we are glad we did it, but we are donezo.

One brother, four years younger. We were really close growing up, and I know I could count on him 100% for anything right now. We don't talk or see each other as much as I wish we did, but it's difficult with our lives and the fact that he's up in Boston while I'm in NC.

Back