• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Silicon Valley (HBO show)

I've grown pretty apathetic to the show since S4, but IMO, the season finale last night is the best TV I've seen since Breaking Bad.

Incredible writing to bring absolutely everything from the season together.

Richard's new taunting line is so damn perfect.

Also, I read that Jared's "How would you like to die today, motherfucker" was improvised/unscripted

Meh, it was a largely forgettable season picking at some low hanging, albeit topical, fruit in Tesla and cryptocurrencies. The season as a whole followed the exact same story arch as every other season.

Meh, it was a largely forgettable season picking at some low hanging, albeit topical, fruit in Tesla and cryptocurrencies. The season as a whole followed the exact same story arch as every other season.

hoEbRUL.gif

Jared gets a lot of the credit for the show still being good. He's really made up for the loss of Erlich. The line from last night's episode quoted above was amazing, as are his regular comments about his upbringing and other fun topics.

"Sometimes you have to numb yourself. If you wanna work the corner, you can't fall in love every time you turn a trick. That's why you do the oxy."

This show is just Entourage in Silicon Valley with a less attractive lead and no sex.

This show is just Entourage in Silicon Valley with a less attractive lead and no sex.

I laugh more in an episode of SV than I did for whole seasons of Entourage. Once Ari’s shtick got old that show had nothing.

Yeah this is not accurate. It centers around a group of guys in a specific industry, fine. But SV is way smarter, funnier, and all around a better show. Ballers is Entourage.

i can't help but love entourage AND ballers

this SV season was underwhelming

i can't help but love entourage AND ballers

this SV season was underwhelming

Ballers is silly but totally entertaining. Rob c is awesome as is Denzel’s son.

SV is so good at times but it does feel very formulaic. I do love how they poke fun at the tech culture. And it all seems sorta legit in terms of the tech.

Love me some Lori. She is a riot.

Jared gets a lot of the credit for the show still being good. He's really made up for the loss of Erlich. The line from last night's episode quoted above was amazing, as are his regular comments about his upbringing and other fun topics.

"Sometimes you have to numb yourself. If you wanna work the corner, you can't fall in love every time you turn a trick. That's why you do the oxy."

I mentioned this earlier, but I think the show is better without TJ Miller. He just seemed unnecessary after a few seasons and his schtick was tired. I also thought Gavin Belson was a solid source of humor this season.

I've grown pretty apathetic to the show since S4, but IMO, the season finale last night is the best TV I've seen since Breaking Bad.

Incredible writing to bring absolutely everything from the season together.

Richard's new taunting line is so damn perfect.

Also, I read that Jared's "How would you like to die today, motherfucker" was improvised/unscripted

Yep. The finale was one of the best episodes of TV this century. It was phenomenal.

Has anyone had trouble going back to Silicon Valley since the lead guy started doing the Verizon commercials?

Late to this season, but the first couple of episodes where Richard pukes after giving a speech, and then explains how he thought he had to shit, so he was going to crouch down, etc., Followed by him actually crouching and going through the glass wall while it was flashing back to his speech about crouching was the hardest I've laughed at a tv show in a couple of years.

the season finale last night is the best TV I've seen since Breaking Bad.

This is an interesting opinion.

I still enjoy the show, and Jared, Jin-Yang, Gavin Belson, Big Head, and Gilfoyle are all great, but the actual plotting of this show has definitely grown stale.

That said, the show once gave us this scene, so it will always have a special place in my heart:

Gavin's obsession with animal analogies has always been good for a laugh, even this season with the bear.

Back