• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Silicon Valley (HBO show)

Love the show but I think Big Head is far and away the worst character. I kind of thought the creator agreed with me when they pushed him way out on the periphery seemingly to let the actor run out his contract but that doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

The Big Head/Erlich story arc is awkwardly unfunny.

Yeah, Erlich only works when he is 80% douche and 20% "only guy who sees the big picture" like when he's the first to realize Gavin Belson has saved them by setting the market at $250 million. Similarly Big Head only worked when he symbolized the idiot that hangs out with the talent and somehow reaps the benefit.

If you've ever worked in a startup, gone through the angel investor routine, pitched a company to eccentric rich idiots... A lot of the characters were absurdly accurate when introduced. Now that the plot lines are stretching thin it seems like it's getting harder for them to do anything with the ones that are pure stereotypes. Even Richard is getting stale to me.

Problem is the show is almost always good for one hilarious idea like the bulldog scene along with one painfully realistic startup experience like the argument over who is fired. I've actually seen that happen before and it was one of the most awkward things ever.

Doesn't big head lose his $20mm for talking about hooli to the press?

Yeah, Erlich only works when he is 80% douche and 20% "only guy who sees the big picture" like when he's the first to realize Gavin Belson has saved them by setting the market at $250 million. Similarly Big Head only worked when he symbolized the idiot that hangs out with the talent and somehow reaps the benefit.

If you've ever worked in a startup, gone through the angel investor routine, pitched a company to eccentric rich idiots... A lot of the characters were absurdly accurate when introduced. Now that the plot lines are stretching thin it seems like it's getting harder for them to do anything with the ones that are pure stereotypes. Even Richard is getting stale to me.

Problem is the show is almost always good for one hilarious idea like the bulldog scene along with one painfully realistic startup experience like the argument over who is fired. I've actually seen that happen before and it was one of the most awkward things ever.

I've really enjoyed this show, but with Richard finally becoming CEO again I'm not sure how much new material they really have. He can rebuild Pied Piper from the ashes again and repeat the same cycle.

I've really enjoyed this show, but with Richard finally becoming CEO again I'm not sure how much new material they really have. He can rebuild Pied Piper from the ashes again and repeat the same cycle.
Yah it's kind of entering the entourage cycle of plots

Eric Bachman? This is your mom and you are not my baby.

Loved the line from last week.

Jared: I had a stuffed animal named Winnie. I mean, it wasn't technically an animal, I took a Ziploc bag and I stuffed it with old newspaper and then I drew a smile on it.

How about Gilfoyle's "I can drag this out as long as you want me to."

Different show but Jonah's uncle calling him a "sentient enema" on Veep cracked me up last night.

Loved the line from last week.

Jared: I had a stuffed animal named Winnie. I mean, it wasn't technically an animal, I took a Ziploc bag and I stuffed it with old newspaper and then I drew a smile on it.

"I used to pretend I shared a room with Harriet Tubman and we were always planning our big escape."

The writing for Jared this season has improved exponentially. He might be the best part of the show this season.

Different show but Jonah's uncle calling him a "sentient enema" on Veep cracked me up last night.

Veep is an incredible show. It's 30 minutes of laughter almost every week. If you're even remotely into politics you have to watch and if you're not then you should probably still watch.

His head is too big for his body. But sometimes his body is too big for his head.

Just started watching this with HBO now - five episodes in and it's rock solid.

As grating as Thomas Middleditch is, this season has been p solid. Ditching TJ Miller was best case scenario of addition by subtraction.

Back