• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Sitting down at a rock concert

Acceptable to ask someone to sit?

• Yes

Votes: 6 10.9%
  • No

Votes: 49 89.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I used to work at a concert venue. If somebody asked us "can you tell that person to sit?" we'd just kinda shrug our shoulders and tell them tough shit.

Someone actually did do this and the Nats park employee came over to ask us to sit because people were complaining. She realized it was a ridiculous thing to ask, and I told her no we were going to stand.

question- does it make a difference to you whether you're at a sporting event or concert? townie, i know you'll stand at both- but in my experience, unless something intense is going on i don't know that i've ever been at a professional sporting event where people stand the whole time and that's acceptable (at least in the seats that are actually seats - not bleachers)

question- does it make a difference to you whether you're at a sporting event or concert? townie, i know you'll stand at both- but in my experience, unless something intense is going on i don't know that i've ever been at a professional sporting event where people stand the whole time and that's acceptable (at least in the seats that are actually seats - not bleachers)

Yea, in my experience, you sit at most sporting events unless some dramatic moment is happening. The exception being student sections at college events, unless you're Wake and just plain suck.

Dave Matthews came to Wait in like 98 for an acoustic show. When he started, half the room sat and half the room stood. One guy yelled out "It's a fucking concert! Stand up!"

Dave - who was high as hell - asked everyone to sit down and mellow out.

that was a great show. also got some butt from a chick I had a huge crush on in HS who came over from chapel hill for that show. Great night.

I usually stand and show off my "Dancing in the Dark" moves for everyone around me.

I tried to get tiks for that Dave Matthews show. Tough ticket.

Back