• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SNL Adds Six New Cast Members

From Wikipedia. Name the funny ones:

• Billy Smith – a Native American stand-up comedian who tells Native-American-themed jokes that no one understands.
  • Fericito – a Venezuelan nightclub comedian who performs songs on Weekend Update with his brother Patrick (played by Will Forte) and on his own TV show, Show Biz Grande Explosion with sidekick Manuel (Horatio Sanz).
  • Leonard – the strange European host of the foreign music show Club Traxx.
  • Mackey – a senile drummer who often does rimshots at inappropriate moments and appears in the "Rialto Grande" sketches.
  • Nooni Schoener – a quirky, foreign art dealer who appears with his wife Nuni Schoener (played by Maya Rudolph) in the "The Schoeners" sketches)
  • Frondi – a mentally challenged character who criticizes Ben Affleck's movie Gigli to Ben himself.
  • Manuel Ortiz – host of The Manuel Ortiz show on Television Dominicana where he "helps with whatever it is" his audience members are going through.
  • Nicholas Fehn – a political commentator whose mind races and wanders so much that he is incapable of finishing a sentence without starting a new one.
  • Roger A. Trevanti – greedy studio head and AMPTP member who rails against the 2007–2008 Writers Guild of America strike. Was a one-time character on SNL (his only appearance was on the last episode of season 33 before the show went on hiatus for the WGA strike hosted by NBC news anchor Brian Williams), but has appeared in several Internet videos around the time of the WGA strike.
  • Roger Brush – a producer of multiple "Dr. Phil"-type talk shows (focused on teen issues, marital issues, sexual issues, and pregnancy issues respectively), who stars when the actual hosts are sick, repeatedly telling the people relating their problems to speak up, and, after not relating to their problems at all, offers them either useless advice based on his experience or no help at all.
  • Garth – part of Garth & Kat (with Kristen Wiig), a musical duo who come to Weekend Update unprepared and make up songs on the spot.
  • Giuseppe – the saxophone player for What's Up With That?
  • One of the "Dictator's Two Best Friends from Growing Up" (with Vanessa Bayer) who come to Weekend Update to secretly trash-talk the various dictators (such as Muammar al-Gaddafi and Kim Jong-un) with whom they grew up.
  • Regine - a pretentious and condescending women who displays blatant euphoric and erotic facial expressions when "touched" on certain parts of her body.
  • Ian Rubbish - A late-1970s/early 1980s British punk rocker who caught heat from his band mates Derek Gash played by Bill Hader) and Steve Grimshaw (played by Taran Killam) and fans for writing and performing songs supporting Margaret Thatcher who, at the time, was considered a controversial choice and was deemed horrible because of her politics.

From Wikipedia. Name the funny ones:

• Billy Smith – a Native American stand-up comedian who tells Native-American-themed jokes that no one understands.
  • Fericito – a Venezuelan nightclub comedian who performs songs on Weekend Update with his brother Patrick (played by Will Forte) and on his own TV show, Show Biz Grande Explosion with sidekick Manuel (Horatio Sanz).
  • Leonard – the strange European host of the foreign music show Club Traxx.
  • Mackey – a senile drummer who often does rimshots at inappropriate moments and appears in the "Rialto Grande" sketches.
  • Nooni Schoener – a quirky, foreign art dealer who appears with his wife Nuni Schoener (played by Maya Rudolph) in the "The Schoeners" sketches)
  • Frondi – a mentally challenged character who criticizes Ben Affleck's movie Gigli to Ben himself.
  • Manuel Ortiz – host of The Manuel Ortiz show on Television Dominicana where he "helps with whatever it is" his audience members are going through.
  • Nicholas Fehn – a political commentator whose mind races and wanders so much that he is incapable of finishing a sentence without starting a new one.
  • Roger A. Trevanti – greedy studio head and AMPTP member who rails against the 2007–2008 Writers Guild of America strike. Was a one-time character on SNL (his only appearance was on the last episode of season 33 before the show went on hiatus for the WGA strike hosted by NBC news anchor Brian Williams), but has appeared in several Internet videos around the time of the WGA strike.
  • Roger Brush – a producer of multiple "Dr. Phil"-type talk shows (focused on teen issues, marital issues, sexual issues, and pregnancy issues respectively), who stars when the actual hosts are sick, repeatedly telling the people relating their problems to speak up, and, after not relating to their problems at all, offers them either useless advice based on his experience or no help at all.
  • Garth – part of Garth & Kat (with Kristen Wiig), a musical duo who come to Weekend Update unprepared and make up songs on the spot.
  • Giuseppe – the saxophone player for What's Up With That?
  • One of the "Dictator's Two Best Friends from Growing Up" (with Vanessa Bayer) who come to Weekend Update to secretly trash-talk the various dictators (such as Muammar al-Gaddafi and Kim Jong-un) with whom they grew up.
  • Regine - a pretentious and condescending women who displays blatant euphoric and erotic facial expressions when "touched" on certain parts of her body.
  • Ian Rubbish - A late-1970s/early 1980s British punk rocker who caught heat from his band mates Derek Gash played by Bill Hader) and Steve Grimshaw (played by Taran Killam) and fans for writing and performing songs supporting Margaret Thatcher who, at the time, was considered a controversial choice and was deemed horrible because of her politics.

Roger Brush is very funny. The rest of the list is worse than I remember.

i just think the guy is funny, in general and as a journeyman on SNL and on Portlandia. For the record, I think most of the "major characters" created by any cast member are unfunny.

i just think the guy is funny, in general and as a journeyman on SNL and on Portlandia. For the record, I think most of the "major characters" created by any cast member are unfunny.

But that's part of the point of SNL. I understand his humor (most of the time), but it just doesn't do it for me. I think he just has too much of a niche to do really well on SNL.

Not a big Armisen fan, (Portlandia blows, as does Sleater Kinney), but Fericito was my dawg.

Ay Dios Mio!

fericito.jpg

Where are Sudekis and Hader on the pantheon? I'm realizing that I've watched way too much SNL the last few years, partly due to having kids and not going out on Saturday nights, but also because those two are quite good.

Where are Sudekis and Hader on the pantheon? I'm realizing that I've watched way too much SNL the last few years, partly due to having kids and not going out on Saturday nights, but also because those two are quite good.

Both are very talented. Sudekis wasn't particularly versatile, but when a sketch/role was in his wheelhouse, he was awesome (Romney & Biden for example). Hader is more talented than maybe any of his peers at SNL. I think he was a little hamstrung by some bad writing during his era, but the talent-writing dynamic is hard to tell until the post-SNL careers shake out a little more. Hader had some characters that will be remembered very fondly. His Carville was awesome, and Stephon was absolutely beloved.

I just hope Hader gets good roles going forward. Wasn't expecting him to show up in commercials.

Sudekis is banging Olivia Wilde. "Doesn't matter, got laid" applies.

Harder was on Kimmel the other night and has plenty on his plate, which is great. It's odd to see him selling cell phones though

That roast was fucking hilarious. Jonah's was probably the best but everyone brought the heat for Franco.

me too but theres a big difference b/t doing voice stuff for commercials and actually playing a regular joe cell phone buyer. He's not even, I'm Bill Hader buy this, like Alec Baldwin does he supposed to be anonymous which is odd

Back