• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow Storm Death Toll: ATL v. New England

Who many people will wind up worm food as a result of the snow storm this week in NE?

• Total voters

Biff Tannen

Franchise Quarterback on a Rookie Contract
Staff Member
Reaction score
Last year a "freak" snow storm hit the greater Alabama/Atlanta area, resulting in 13 deaths, mostly from shitty driving on snow and ice. Now that the storm of the century is going to hit the greater Boston/Maine area, how do you think the body count will stack up against last years snowtastrophe?

what the fuck is wrong with you

most of the deaths, if any, will be related to power failure/heat loss, especially in NH/Maine where the temps will continue to be single/below zero

Ummm, they have had 24-48 hours notice of impending disaster.

At best, at BEST Atlanta had 6 hours. More like 30 mins.

So factor that into your estimate.

My friend in MA just posted photos of empty milk, bread and egg shelves in her town. Isn't that the shit that Northerners usually make fun of Southerners for?

Meanwhile, there was plenty of canned veggies, cured meats and crackers available for purchase.

Last edited:

Are you seriously comparing 24-48 hours of notice for a potential three foot blizzard to a three hour heads up on a two inch snow storm or whatever it was?

My friend in MA just posted photos of empty milk, bread and egg shelves in her town. Isn't that the shit that Northerners usually make fun of Southerners for?

Meanwhile, there was plenty of canned veggies, cured meats and crackers available for purchase.

Yeah I've been saying this for a while now. Sure, the snow totals may be higher than below Mason-Dixon, but the reality is, we'll have to go a MAX of 24ish hours without groceries. Looking at the forecast, come Wednesday morning it looks like business as usual. Do NOT let northern immigrants bust your balls about pre-snow grocery hording.

Yeah I've been saying this for a while now. Sure, the snow totals may be higher than below Mason-Dixon, but the reality is, we'll have to go a MAX of 24ish hours without groceries.

And if, for some reason, you were stuck in your house without the ability to leave or power to cook, milk and bread will be quickest to spoil and store-bought eggs have to be cooked to consume.

Edit: Seems it's all psychological: http://science.howstuffworks.com/nature/natural-disasters/buy-bread-and-milk-before-storm1.htm

Last edited:
It's starting!

snow.gif

Back