• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow Storm Death Toll: ATL v. New England

Who many people will wind up worm food as a result of the snow storm this week in NE?

• Total voters
1341857792_base_jumpers_parachute_fails_to_open.gif

Please note: Base jumper lives.

I LMAO at this which I guess makes me a horrible person. (I know it's not real.)

This is my favorite car / snow video.

Are you seriously comparing 24-48 hours of notice for a potential three foot blizzard to a three hour heads up on a two inch snow storm or whatever it was?

All it takes down here is 3 inches and apparently the city shuts down. Also, ice knocks out power. I've been in blizzards and I've been in Ice Storms. Give me the 3 feet of snow any day. My city had our roads plowed in NOVA in 1993 and 1996 by the morning of the 2nd day. In Atlanta in 2000, we were stuck inside for 3 days. Power came on after 6 days in the dark.

All it takes down here is 3 inches and apparently the city shuts down. Also, ice knocks out power. I've been in blizzards and I've been in Ice Storms. Give me the 3 feet of snow any day. My city had our roads plowed in NOVA in 1993 and 1996 by the morning of the 2nd day. In Atlanta in 2000, we were stuck inside for 3 days. Power came on after 6 days in the dark.

Snow knocks out power too. The cracking tree doesn't know whether it is cracking from ice or the weight of snow. The difference is that most northern towns and power companies realized this about 40 years ago and started burying the power lines when they needed repairs/upgrades instead of leaving them up on poles under trees.

Snow knocks out power too. The cracking tree doesn't know whether it is cracking from ice or the weight of snow. The difference is that most northern towns and power companies realized this about 40 years ago and started burying the power lines when they needed repairs/upgrades instead of leaving them up on poles under trees.

Yup, hence we never lost power in NoVA in 93 or 96 and the plows were kicking ass and taking names.

I hope the advance notice keeps the death toll to 0.

Back