• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

For people who want to dig out their cars and drive, where are they expected to throw the snow, back in the road?

In front/behind cars if there's room, at the end of the block, maybe a little on the sidewalk if there's room or a little on the street to push the parking spot a bit further from the curb. We piled a bunch of snow on our block into a couple empty spaces, which is arguably a dick move but didn't know where else to put it. So now theres a mountain like 5 ft high in front of my house.

Calling off school in Winston was probably a good idea. Main roads are fine, but the secondary roads are still atrocious. It was an ordeal getting out of my apartment complex despite the best efforts of my maintenance (who did an admirable job clearing the main path through).

In front/behind cars if there's room, at the end of the block, maybe a little on the sidewalk if there's room or a little on the street to push the parking spot a bit further from the curb. We piled a bunch of snow on our block into a couple empty spaces, which is arguably a dick move but didn't know where else to put it. So now theres a mountain like 5 ft high in front of my house.

With so few cars dug out, aren't you concerned that if you leave your spot, you won't be able to find another when you get back?

One of the essays on the Mass. Bar last year included an assault and battery on someone who marked their vacated parking spot with a chair and got hit over the head with it by another angry citizen. (Not-so) fun fact on this Monday.

I definitely do not approve of the chair saving method.

One of the essays on the Mass. Bar last year included an assault and battery on someone who marked their vacated parking spot with a chair and got hit over the head with it by another angry citizen. (Not-so) fun fact on this Monday.

That's nothing. In Philly one dude shot another because he had taken his parking space- despite the fact it was clearly saved with his lawn chair.

If someone goes through all that effort of digging out a space, you have to think there might be repercussions if you just drive up and take it. But shooting someone over a parking space seems rather extreme.

Any decent person understands this - you put in the time to shovel a spot, it's yours so long as it is properly blocked with a chair/garbage can.

WSFCS closed tomorrow. Somebody find LK and talk him back from the ledge.

Guilford too. Some of the northern secondary roads (off Battleground) were completely white at lunch today.

Our schools (Loudoun Co) are now closed Wednesday. Still no plow in sight.

Back