• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

All chances of snow inn the Piedmont seem to have vanished :tear:

I hope it comes early enough that workplaces and schools as closed and people aren't having to risk it driving to work.

This fo sho. Supposed to start as rain tonight? But I hope decisions are made before I have to try to go to work.

DC will take all your snow and you will like it.

Although as one of my friends posted a few min ago:

"I'm confused -- it's a beautiful, warm, sunny, spring day without a cloud in the sky, but we're supposed to be bracing for the snowquester to strike this afternoon? Do I need to panic or not??"

forecasts keep decreasing the totals :(

People talking about snow forecasts is quite possibly the worst part of winter. Except maybe the itchy, dry skin and lack of baseball.

woooooooo no work

I've been up since 3:30 just because though. Now what?

Got about an inch in Asheville....which is to say it's our biggest snowfall of this year

Woke up to a paltry amount of snow on the ground in DC and rainy wintery mix falling. However, it's really coming down now in big, fat, wet flakes. Definitely starting to stick to the roads here.

Stay safe LadyDeac03. We all know how northerners drive in wintry weather.

Ha. DC acts like the south in terms of driving in snow. I don't plan to leave the house today with the exception of having to take the dog out.

European model shows a major storm for NC and VA on March 19/20 that drops 6-12" across NC. It got the last storm right this far out. WTF, groundhog.

European model shows a major storm for NC and VA on March 19/20 that drops 6-12" across NC. It got the last storm right this far out. WTF, groundhog.

The Groundhog has been as accurate as most of the long range forecast models.

Weather.com says 71 on 3/21 in Charlotte.

I think this has probably come up before on here since we're 19 pages in, but let's be clear: Weather.com is shit for forecasts more than 2 or 3 days out.

Back