• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snow

urgh i'm 'posed to drive from jackson hole to denver on friday. HALP MEH DREW

I have a new least favorite weather, and it is this:
Today - Snow and freezing rain before 1pm, then snow, freezing rain, and sleet between 1pm and 4pm, then rain, snow, freezing rain, and sleet after 4pm. High near 33. East wind 9 to 16 mph, with gusts as high as 28 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime ice accumulation of less than a 0.1 of an inch possible. Total daytime snow and sleet accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.

I don't think the precipitation would be so bad, but the wind. Fuck the wind.

If you aren't in North Carolina this board doesn't really care about your weather, if you aren't in the South they care even less, and if you aren't even on the East coast might as well just pack up the weather reports.

If you aren't in North Carolina this board doesn't really care about your weather, if you aren't in the South they care even less, and if you aren't even on the East coast might as well just pack up the weather reports.

If you're not in the south, we just assume you have 2 feet of snow on the ground from November to April.

I got so excited to see this thread being bumped again and I just now remembered that the forecasts herein don't apply to me anymore :(

It's likely going to snow a bit for the inland mid-atlantic up into Pennsylvania/New York around the 16th or 17th. It's going to likely just rain a lot for everyone near the coast once you get up above D.C. (if the storm doesn't switch up much). Still a ways out but definitely looks like there will be a decent snow in some places in the mid-atlantic over to the Great Lakes area, up into upstate New York and into New England.

what is it looking like tonight & tomorrow in the mountains?

what is it looking like tonight & tomorrow in the mountains?

AN8i65f.jpg

who has some deets for the Wednesday apocalypse?

Here's the latest info from NC Piedmont Weather: http://www.ncpiedmontweather.com/

If you're on Facebook then you can "Like" Wx South & see some updates as well.

Both of those sites are calling for snow in the Piedmont & the amount depends on where the Low forms, its path as it travels north east & how low the temps get.

literally the one day I'd rather it NOT SNOW, when I'm flying into RDU to spend Thanksgiving with my family.

Well, that's going to fuck with so many Thanksgiving travel plans :rulz:

NC Piedmont/Foothills will see some fat snowflakes, with minimal accumulation if any. The mountains will get snow. NOVA on north will see a lot of snow.

Air travel is going to suck on Wednesday. Road travel is going to suck everywhere because what isn't snow will be rain.

Happy Thanksgiving.

NC Piedmont/Foothills will see some fat snowflakes, with minimal accumulation if any. The mountains will get snow. NOVA on north will see a lot of snow.

Air travel is going to suck on Wednesday. Road travel is going to suck everywhere because what isn't snow will be rain.

Happy Thanksgiving.

I'm glad it Wednesday and not Thursday. Were supposed to head to virginia on Thursday so the snow accumulation will make it a simple decision to not go.

I'm flying from Baltimore to Raleigh around 12:00-1:30 so hopefully that will be before things start.

Back