• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Snowden the Putin stooge

Keep in mind, Snowden was headed to Ecuador when the US pulled his passport and he ended up stranded in a Russian airport. And now you want him to denounce his host country? When the US gives asylum to someone should they be expected to denounce the United States and Obama?

At this point can't Snowden interact with any countries that have embassies in Moscow and move someplace else if they grant him asylum? Granted that transportation (air space/refueling) might be an issue, but he does have more options now than he did when he was stuck in airport limbo.

At this point can't Snowden interact with any countries that have embassies in Moscow and move someplace else if they grant him asylum? Granted that transportation (air space/refueling) might be an issue, but he does have more options now than he did when he was stuck in airport limbo.

Even if he manages to find a country that is willing to stand up to the US, he would have to cross the airspace of countries that will do what we tell them to do. Keep in mind, the Europeans forced the plane of the Bolivian president to land and searched it because the US told them we thought Snowden might be on it. By publicly going after Putin Snowden has once again shown remarkable integrity and courage.

sigh, let's just stop fucking around, here

predator-firing-missile4.jpg

The reality is he gave Putin cover for that interview. There was no reason whatsoever for Snowden to go no that show and ask the softball question that made Putin look good to his citizens and the world without being able to follow up.

The story that made it around the world yesterday was - "Snowden, the guy who outed the NSA, asked Putin if he did it. Putin said no."

Snowden was used yesterday. Only those who are total Snowden apologists (like BSF) or those who think everything Obama does is wrong and is killing America (Wrangor) don't get this.

I am neither of those things and I don't think Snowden did anything wrong yesterday.

There's a stooge in this thread, but it's not Snowden.

David Gregory brought this up on MTP. Sen. Corker called it a "publicity stunt". He said everyone knows that you are always under surveillance by the state while in Russia. For Snowden a question so innocently, he was being disingenuous by coming out the next day walking away from it. Snowden knew before he was giving Putin cover how dishonest his position is and how he was being used to prop the butcher that is Putin.

David Gregory brought this up on MTP. Sen. Corker called it a "publicity stunt". He said everyone knows that you are always under surveillance by the state while in Russia. For Snowden a question so innocently, he was being disingenuous by coming out the next day walking away from it. Snowden knew before he was giving Putin cover how dishonest his position is and how he was being used to prop the butcher that is Putin.

Butcher? Does he drone strike innocents in countries we are not at war against?

Butcher? Does he drone strike innocents in countries we are not at war against?

You are amazing. You didn't have the same attitude towards Bush's war killing over 100,000 Iraqis.

If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a question.

If you can dodge a wrench you can dodge a question.

In war there is collateral damage. it sucks but that's the way it is.

You have such irrational hate for Obama that you would even support Putin (who has invade two sovereign nations) rather agree with Obama. Of course you supported the immoral invasion and occupation of Iraq that led to so many deaths.

In war there is collateral damage. it sucks but that's the way it is.

You have such irrational hate for Obama that you would even support Putin (who has invade two sovereign nations) rather agree with Obama. Of course you supported the immoral invasion and occupation of Iraq that led to so many deaths.

Please cite....would love to know where I supported that. There is a reason that I voted for Obama. Let me give you a hint. It isn't because I am a card carrying Democrat.

Even Jon Stewart was showing what what a stooge Snowden was.

Wrangor supported Bush both times he ran. There were about a dozen of us who opposed the Iraq War before it got started. You weren't one of them. Saying you never supported the Iraq War is a lie and you know, but you'll say anything.

Opposing something and supporting something are not the only options, there is a huge middle ground that you always seem to forget with most issues. He may not have opposed the Iraq war but that doesn't mean he supported either, he most likely just supported the president who was behind said war. Just like you support the president who is behind mass drone strikes.

Opposing something and supporting something are not the only options, there is a huge middle ground that you always seem to forget with most issues. He may not have opposed the Iraq war but that doesn't mean he supported either, he most likely just supported the president who was behind said war. Just like you support the president who is behind mass drone strikes.

I was 20 years old when I first voted for W. I didn't know what I was doing. Pre 9/11 I had no idea who Al Qaeda even was. In 2004 I was recently graduated, and still just barely forming some sort of political opinion. I voted for Bush because he had a R next to his name. I thought little about it, and just voted for Republicans. It wasn't until about halfway through W's 2nd term that I truly started becoming interested in politics and the ramifications of voting for poor leaders.

So I never supported the war. We were at war when I voted the 2nd time, but to be honest I thought very little about it other than I hope we kill the guys we are shooting at, and I hope they miss us. While I am sure everyone is very interested with my personal voting maturation (autocorrect almost screwed me on that one), it has nothing to do with the continued support of our current droning policy. Putin is most definitely a butcher, and is one to a much great scale than our current president; however, Obama's willingness to use drones in situations that are much too grey for my tastes is very unfortunate for the innocents who are caught in the middle.

Back