• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So Dinesh D'Souza Has to go to Jail....

Obama took care of this in between phone calls to Lois Lerner. MUAHAHAAA!!!!!

I like the idea that enforcing immigration laws is declasse and unnuanced, but if political opponent (and, get this, a legal immigrant) makes an uncomplimentary film we prosecute him for violations that the former head of the FEC laughed about. His quote: "It's not going to do anybody any good, I guess that's my first thought."

So you can be an illegal alien, but apparently not violate the Alien and Sedition Acts.

Life is good.

Last edited:
What's not going to do anybody any good?

What's not going to do anybody any good?

My fellow right wing honk Alan Dershowitz has an idea:

Legal experts and former federal regulatory officials on Tuesday slammed the sentence of probation with eight months of confinement imposed on conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza for federal campaign-finance violations.

"He never should have been prosecuted for this at all,"
Harvard Law School professor Alan Dershowitz told Newsmax. "This was a small, well-motivated mistake."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/DS...-campaign/2014/09/23/id/596487/#ixzz3EGR39Cwc
Urgent: Should Obamacare Be Repealed? Vote Here Now!

Legal experts and former federal regulatory officials on Tuesday slammed the sentence of probation with eight months of confinement imposed on conservative author and filmmaker Dinesh D'Souza for federal campaign-finance violations.

Harvard Law School professor Alan Dershowitz told Newsmax. "This was a small, well-motivated mistake."

Read Latest Breaking News from Newsmax.com http://www.Newsmax.com/Newsfront/DS...-campaign/2014/09/23/id/596487/#ixzz3EGR39Cwc

I don't think Obamacare should be repealed. Nor do I think a vote on that is urgent.

Other "stories" on the front page of NewsMax right now include:

"Obama wants to replace Jewish votes with Muslims"
"Many Say Obama's 'Latte Salute' a Sign of Disrespect for Military"
"Report: White House Interfering With Press-Pool Coverage of Obama"

Except he's not going to jail, which isn't really surprising when you look at the source that you provided us JHMD. I don't know if it's less surprising that NewsMax got facts wrong benefiting their point of view or that you posted an article from NewsMax.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/09/24/u...ime-for-campaign-finance-violations.html?_r=0

He's going into "confinement", but congrats on brushing past the decision to prosecute him at all. Pretty amazing stuff.

So what isn't going to do anybody any good? Prosecuting someone for violating the law?

Dershowitz was also OUTRAGED at the Rick Perry prosecution. Dude just likes to yap

So what isn't going to do anybody any good? Prosecuting someone for violating the law?

Does everyone remember the time when the Left had a litter of kittens because Bush was allegedly making employment decisions in DOJ based upon political affiliation? Remember when that was a huge, massive, very bad thing?

Yeah, this is about 1,000 times worse. But consider me floored that you guys will defend. #notfloored

Last edited:
He's going into "confinement", but congrats on brushing past the decision to prosecute him at all. Pretty amazing stuff.

Like a halfway house. But not jail in any sense of the word.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/23/dinesh-dsouza-sentence_n_5871236.html

Dinesh D'Souza found a positive takeaway from his sentencing Tuesday for campaign finance fraud.
The conservative author and filmmaker was sentenced to five years probation, and eight months in a community confinement center, allowing him to avoid prison time. D'Souza told Fox News' Megyn Kelly that he now has "a big smile."
"This was really an effort to put me out of business -- the government was trying to lock me for between 10 and 16 months and a federal judge said no," D'Souza said. "Today my faith in an independent judiciary is affirmed."
D'Souza admitted attempting to go around campaign contribution limits, illegally reimbursing two donors who each gave $10,000 to Republican Wendy Long's unsuccessful bid for the U.S. Senate in New York in 2012. D'Souza pleaded guilty to the charges in May.
D'Souza said the light sentence would allow him to continue his work.
"If I was locked up I would not have been able to make a film in the election year, 2016," D'Souza said. "Now I can do my work, I can continue to write books, continue to function."

Do you think that he should have been prosecuted for this infraction?

I don't think a myriad of laws which are prosecuted should be, so i am probably the wrong person to ask.

I do think it strange that DD himself seems to think this is an indication that there was no political influence on the judiciary but you seem to feel otherwise.

Last edited:
I don't think a myriad of laws which are prosecuted should be, so i am probably the wrong person to ask.

Is there a chance in hell that this guy gets prosecuted if he doesn't make films critical of Obama? Several billions of dollars change hands every month on political fundraising, and we prosecuted this guy over $10,000.00? #childplease

I do think it strange that DD himself seems to think this is an indication that there was no political influence on the judiciary but you seem to feel otherwise.

You should read the post by ChrisL68, which contained the following quote:

"This was really an effort to put me out of business -- the government was trying to lock me for between 10 and 16 months and a federal judge said no," D'Souza said. "Today my faith in an independent judiciary is affirmed."

You seemed to be criticizing the sentence.

Again, I have no idea what the normal protocol regarding prosecuting campaign finance laws is. I am sure the fact that he is a high profile public person probably made his prosecution more likely. Same with Martha Stewart serving jail time for a relatively minor SEC violation.

Is there a chance in hell that this guy gets prosecuted if he doesn't make films critical of Obama? Several billions of dollars change hands every month on political fundraising, and we prosecuted this guy over $10,000.00? #childplease

Or we could just legalize it all...

Back