• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So Dinesh D'Souza Has to go to Jail....

Do you have other examples where similar transgressions were not prosecuted?

You seemed to be criticizing the sentence.

Again, I have no idea what the normal protocol regarding prosecuting campaign finance laws is. I am sure the fact that he is a high profile public person probably made his prosecution more likely. Same with Martha Stewart serving jail time for a relatively minor SEC violation.

Yeah, don't break the law and you have nothing to worry about.
The thing I don't know is, is this like getting a ticket for rolling a stop sign at 11pm or is this something more nefarious....the article makes it seem like the former, but I have no idea if that's really the case.

Did you feel the same way about the Geoffrey Fieger trial in 2007? That was over $127K.

People who make a career out of attacking people and laws they don't like and then break one of those laws are likely to be treated harshly.

Is there a chance in hell that this guy gets prosecuted if he doesn't make films critical of Obama? Several billions of dollars change hands every month on political fundraising, and we prosecuted this guy over $10,000.00? #childplease
Ah, the old "everyone does it, so no one should get in trouble for it" defense. I'll chalk that one up in the memory bank for the next time you want to get tough on liberal criminals

The guy is a complete moron and if you don't believe me please watch Bill Maher destroy him on Real Time! He had no facts to back up this birther/Obama the terrorist propaganda. To see how much that film has made has me scared for the future of our great nation....... then again 90% of those who bought into that shit are the Fox News demographics (old/white/racist):D

Do you have other examples where similar transgressions were not prosecuted?

This is what I wonder too, because it seems like he was pretty brazen about flaunting the law and got what he deserved.

Reactions: ONW
The guy is a complete moron and if you don't believe me please watch Bill Maher destroy him on Real Time! He had no facts to back up this birther/Obama the terrorist propaganda. To see how much that film has made has me scared for the future of our great nation....... then again 90% of those who bought into that shit are the Fox News demographics (old/white/racist):D

Well yea.

If only D'Souza was a poor, inner city, black kid. You can imagine the right-wing cries of "lock him up for life!!!"

Back