• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So how exactly did this happen?

I think the point is he was on outsider and worked the system in his favor. Knows the uns and outs of how the elite work the system. Willing to now change it. Hes not a career politcian owned by donors and special interests. He can relate to middle class because he had to work with them dorectly. Look nobody is proud they have to defend this vessel but clinton is the essence of elitism and corruption. Hard tobbelieve how liberals with their laser focus on pointing out scumbags missed their nominees stench.

Yo, you hear how Washington chopped down that cherry tree but was like "you know what, that was pretty dope but I gotta tell my dad 'cuz cherry trees take a long time to grow and it was a pretty dumb thing to do"

One more fucking crazy thing is that the very people he was busy scamming with Trump University are the same rubes who voted for him.

One more fucking crazy thing is that the very people he was busy scamming with Trump University are the same rubes who voted for him.

Yep.

I was shocked as all shit and was still ranting how there was a path to H victory to my kids online at 2:15 am. I would of bet anyone any amount and glad I only lost a few SS checks...lol.

I must say I was having lunch Election Day and saw H at her polling place with Bill behind her and threw up in my mouth. I voted for neither but now looking back I'm glad that vile scum won't be anywhere near the WH. She is not much better but I thought T would be a disaster.

Oh well, live and learn. A real shocker though. Lets hope T doesn't get too nutso particularly in his noms for The Court.

Change what? He ran on getting lobbying out of Washington and nearly his entire transition team is made up of lobbyists. He wants to repeal Dodd-Frank and deregulate Wall Street. I don't know where this idea comes from that he can't be bought. His foundation takes donations too. He uses donations for personal use and repays donors with favors in kind. I mean he fully admitted to donating $10k to the Clinton Foundation because he thought it'd garner him favor.

And there you go. The people who are sick of big business and complained about bailouts and banks and shady or lazy foreclosures turned out to vote for the big businessman who has constantly borrowed money from Wall Street and will almost certainly respond in some measure to save big businesses and banks if the shit hits the fan again. I'm not saying that Trump's involvement with business and banking is any worse or better than Hillary's or that propping up American businesses in times of enormous financial stress for all of us is right or wrong, but how is he the champion for the little guy ? It makes nil sense.

He has scammed a whole lot of people, including a lot of lenders and suppliers.

BTW, how would you characterize those who voted for H?

This is my situation. I was and am very disappointed for sure. After the Amendment 1 vote here in NC, I resigned to the idea that empathy doesn't motivate voters. No one ever acts outside of their own self interest, which is what this election came down to. I was talking with some guys the other day in the NC mountains who are convinced the factories up their way are opening back up soon thanks to Trump. I hope they do. I grieve for my friends and family from non-dominant groups who have much to fear from the unknown that is Donald Trump. It worries me that we have such an unpredictable 4-8 years ahead of us, because the stakes for many Americans are tremendously high. I'm embarrassed for what this says about us as a society. I'm scared that we are too broken to be redeemed. Mainly because empathy doesn't drive policy. Just like with Amendment 1, Americans will value fear of the "other" more than they will see their neighbor as a whole person.

What a crock of sanctimonious bullshit.

I'm so sick of hearing this. Trump voters can be tired of being called those things all they want but they aren't inaccurate. If you don't want to be labeled a sexist, racist, xenophobe or whatever else then stop being those things.

I will preface this by saying I am rather scared for the future as I think Trump is a complete loose cannon who has the temperament of a rabid squirrel. I'll also say that I could never vote for Hillary Clinton seeing as how the job of the President is to administer and enforce the law and she openly flaunts her disregard of the same. So I pulled the lever on Gary Johnson, a guy I admittedly know absolutely nothing about.

Having bared my soul, I think it is really lazy to equate big groups voters to the same qualities you see in the candidates for whom they voted. My wife voted for Hillary Clinton, plugging her nose. That does not mean she endorses corruption and lying your way through life.

Which leads me to whether someone who feels like this guy can explain how "racism" explains these results?

2000 - Gore - 47%
2004 - Kerry - 46%
2008 - Obama - 48%
2012 - Obama - 48%

Those are the voting results for Democrats in Presidential elections from a rural-ish Republican leaning county in Southern Ohio I know very well. If "racism" was so much in play among all the purported uneducated, low brow hicks in this county how does the purported Kenyan born black Muslim who was a community organizer on the Southside of Chicago not once but twice hold up well against the lilly white Democrats from 2000 and 2004?

And that brings me to Tuesday. Clinton won . . . 29% of the vote in this same county - a 19 point drop from what Obama pulled in each of the last two elections. And you can literally repeat this exercise over and over and over and over in similar counties all across the rust belt. Clinton literally lost counties in Wisconsin that have not voted Republican in almost 60 years.

Trump, who I think has no real chance of helping these people, spoke to their very kitchen table concerns. Those include a long, slow decay of their communities. He stepped in and said I get it, you've gotten a raw deal from the elites. And I will make you "Great" again. He spoke up against Free Trade, promised tariffs if factories were closed and said illegal immigration would no longer be allowed to suck jobs (never mind many of these counties have few illegal immigrants). What did Clinton (and, frankly, the other Republican candidates) offer these voters? Retraining for jobs that don't exist? She did call them "deplorable" and "unredeemable" - a huge political blunder. Faced with these two choices these voters fled to Trump in big chunks - overlooking all of the ridiculous things he said about all sundry of groups of people. Had he been an even better "vessel" for his message he may have won by significantly more.

I'm reading Chelsea might make a run for the Senate? WTF Just go away Clintons.

I will preface this by saying I am rather scared for the future as I think Trump is a complete loose cannon who has the temperament of a rabid squirrel. I'll also say that I could never vote for Hillary Clinton seeing as how the job of the President is to administer and enforce the law and she openly flaunts her disregard of the same. So I pulled the lever on Gary Johnson, a guy I admittedly know absolutely nothing about.

Having bared my soul, I think it is really lazy to equate big groups voters to the same qualities you see in the candidates for whom they voted. My wife voted for Hillary Clinton, plugging her nose. That does not mean she endorses corruption and lying your way through life.

Which leads me to whether someone who feels like this guy can explain how "racism" explains these results?

2000 - Gore - 47%
2004 - Kerry - 46%
2008 - Obama - 48%
2012 - Obama - 48%

Those are the voting results for Democrats in Presidential elections from a rural-ish Republican leaning county in Southern Ohio I know very well. If "racism" was so much in play among all the purported uneducated, low brow hicks in this county how does the purported Kenyan born black Muslim who was a community organizer on the Southside of Chicago not once but twice hold up well against the lilly white Democrats from 2000 and 2004?

And that brings me to Tuesday. Clinton won . . . 29% of the vote in this same county - a 19 point drop from what Obama pulled in each of the last two elections. And you can literally repeat this exercise over and over and over and over in similar counties all across the rust belt. Clinton literally lost counties in Wisconsin that have not voted Republican in almost 60 years.

Trump, who I think has no real chance of helping these people, spoke to their very kitchen table concerns. Those include a long, slow decay of their communities. He stepped in and said I get it, you've gotten a raw deal from the elites. And I will make you "Great" again. He spoke up against Free Trade, promised tariffs if factories were closed and said illegal immigration would no longer be allowed to suck jobs (never mind many of these counties have few illegal immigrants). What did Clinton (and, frankly, the other Republican candidates) offer these voters? Retraining for jobs that don't exist? She did call them "deplorable" and "unredeemable" - a huge political blunder. Faced with these two choices these voters fled to Trump in big chunks - overlooking all of the ridiculous things he said about all sundry of groups of people. Had he been an even better "vessel" for his message he may have won by significantly more.

Read the deplorables quote. She wasn't talking about those people unless they are the ones spewing hate. Those people you are talking about are the "friends."

We would get much further in honest discourse if conservatives didn't take it personally when people call out racism and xenophobia. If that's not you, we aren't talking about you, just someone who votes like you.

Last edited:
Read the deplorables quote. She wasn't talking about those people unless they are the ones spewing hate. Those people you are talking about are the "friends."

We would get much further in honest discourse if conservatives didn't take it personally when people call out racism and xenophobia. If that's not you, we aren't talking about you, just someone who votes like you.

No doubt she didn't mean all of his supporters. But that likely isn't how the voters took it. She was bludgeoned by these voters. And at least some of it was self inflicted.

Shortest honeymoon ever? So far he hasn't told anyone if they want to keep their doctor they can keep their doctor. Period.

I meant with the campaign. The narrative was about Clinton's dishonesty while Trump may have been mistaken for a young George Washington. I just find it odd.

Where the Democrats failed in this election was that they didn't call enough people deplorable racists. Next time, they need to really get on that early in the campaign & hit it much harder. They should charge somebody with being a racist in every single TV commercial. Make sure they get the word out that anyone not voting for the Democratic candidate is not doing so because he is a racist.

They need to get serious with this racism stuff if they really want to win.

And when Obama talked about those who cling to their guns and their religion who was he talking about? Why would anyone take that personally? Even stupid "rubes" know when someone is insulting them. This is why the Dems are on the verge of losing the midwest in the same way they lost the south.

Back