• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So the Pub strategy is to hold the nation and economy hostage?

Why not drop the worn out "put it on the backs of the poor" bullshit.

The poor aren't going to get us out of this debacle. If you can't tax the top enough to get out of this then logically you can't take enough from the bottom to even make a scratch.

At some point these jokes in DC are going to have to stop dancing around the issue and admit that everyone in the words of Obama will have to "have some skin in the game".

Again...can you please define "rich"?

Pay the interest on the debt first before any other spending and there's no chance of a default.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748703954004576089963912388314.html

that's real good, but it is POLITICS.

Recessions lower revenues. There are always higher deficits during recessions. The insanity happened before the recession. The spending now is just to keep money moving around because of a stagnant private sector and banking sector. American business and banks are sitting on money, not lending it or spending it.

THe poor and the middle class drive the economy not the people in the Top2% of income brackets. To think the Top 2% drives the economy is insanity and was categorically disproven in the Bush era.

We HAVE taken most of the troops out of Iraq. We have no troops fighting in Iraq at this time. Because of Bush's lies we have to keep some there for another year or two.

Bush's lies and incompetence are the reason we are still in Afghanistan. But you don't like the truth. As Gates said, Obama had the first REAL military and political plan for Afghanistan since we first went there. Again don't let Ws own Sec Def get in your way.

are you asking me? because I never said rich anywhere in this thread.

Just throwing it out there for any of the Lefties on here who wanna give it a shot.

Obama always like to trot out Buffet and that d-bag from Facebook and say that would gladly pay more in taxes...when in reality most of those in the top bracket are not billionaires or multi million dollar CEO's.

Maybe I'm rich and just don't realize it.

THe poor and the middle class drive the economy not the people in the Top2% of income brackets. To think the Top 2% drives the economy is insanity and was categorically disproven in the Bush era.

We HAVE taken most of the troops out of Iraq. We have no troops fighting in Iraq at this time. Because of Bush's lies we have to keep some there for another year or two.

Bush's lies and incompetence are the reason we are still in Afghanistan. But you don't like the truth. As Gates said, Obama had the first REAL military and political plan for Afghanistan since we first went there. Again don't let Ws own Sec Def get in your way.

We will be in both countries 10 years from now...bank on it.

Maybe if publioc employees didn't spend time on message boards we wouldn't have as much debt.

Are you docking yourself for this time?

Let the Bush/Obama tax cuts expire...we will still have a $1 trillion plus annual budget deficit. Singling out classes of Americans as the boogeyman who should be targeted may score political points and sound good on MSNBC but it doesn't accomplish a whole hell of a lot.

Maybe if publioc employees didn't spend time on message boards we wouldn't have as much debt.

Are you docking yourself for this time?

Home with a sick kiddo today. You don't see me here or on the old board most days.

And FWIW I'm required by law to write a balanced budget each year. It isn't that complicated.

Let the Bush/Obama tax cuts expire...we will still have a $1 trillion plus annual budget deficit. Singling out classes of Americans as the boogeyman who should be targeted may score political points and sound good on MSNBC but it doesn't accomplish a whole hell of a lot.

So who is going to sacrifice for this?

Who has the money?

What sacrifices are you expecting from the top earners/wealthiest Americans to fix the problem? You are expecting sacrifice from elderly and disabled people, are you not?

So who is going to sacrifice for this?

Who has the money?

What sacrifices are you expecting from the top earners/wealthiest Americans to fix the problem? You are expecting sacrifice from elderly and disabled people, are you not?

Everyone will have to sacrifice. We as a nation and a society have benefitted from the irresponsible spending for 30 years....now we have to pay for it. All of us.

Anyone willing yet to take a stab at defining "rich"????

Bueller....Bueller....Bueller

Well SC would you be for the 2012 election being a simple refendum-winner take all on Ryan plan?

I would.

You're the only person bringing up "rich"...but I will say that if your family is earning over $250K and you can't figure a way to live on 3% less take home, then you are fucking idiot who is living beyond your means.

Everyone will have to sacrifice. We as a nation and a society have benefitted from the irresponsible spending for 30 years....now we have to pay for it. All of us.

not everyone has benefited from that irresponsible spending, no sir. Not at all

Are you comparing a hard-working American laborer who has seen his/her salary rise by 3% a year to an American financial sector professional who makes bets on Wall Street and has seen his/her salary rise by 200% a year and gotten tax BREAKS?

You are so naive. You automatically equate wealthy with job creator, and that is a myth.

You're the only person bringing up "rich"...but I will say that if your family is earning over $250K and you can't figure a way to live on 3% less take home only on the portion above 250k , then you are fucking idiot who is living beyond your means.

FIFY

You're the only person bringing up "rich"...but I will say that if your family is earning over $250K and you can't figure a way to live on 3% less take home, then you are fucking idiot who is living beyond your means.

My wife and I don't make $250K so I guess we're okay.

Going from 36.5% to 39.5% ain't going to accomplish jack shit. I hope you know that.

Well SC would you be for the 2012 election being a simple refendum-winner take all on Ryan plan?

I would.

Ryan Plan vs. Doing Nothing Meaningful....yep I'd be okay with that

not everyone has benefited from that irresponsible spending, no sir. Not at all

Are you comparing a hard-working American laborer who has seen his/her salary rise by 3% a year to an American financial sector professional who makes bets on Wall Street and has seen his/her salary rise by 200% a year and gotten tax BREAKS?

You are so naive. You automatically equate wealthy with job creator, and that is a myth.

Good sound bites...but I don't know a single coorporate big wig, Wall Street banker, or whatever other person that it's in vogue to demonize...which means nailing those few scalps to the wall won;t accomplish a whole hell of a lot.

FWIW, I haven't had a pay increase in 4 years, but I'd still say that as an American I have benefitted from all the spending in the past. And now the credit card bill is due and we're all going to end up paying. No one single class can be soaked enough to bail us out of this.

Back