• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So when did the baseball steroid era start in your opinion?

seriously. Can we get confirmation?

definitely acid, not coke. dock thought he had an off day and dosed, then arrived at the ballpark to find out it was his day to pitch, and it was too late to turn back...

barry-steroids.jpg

My Gawd that makes me ill.

can anyone find a pic of McGwire at USC? i have an Olympic baseball card of him...tall and nothing but bones (if i remember correctly)

McGwire had a frame in college that would support the muscle he eventually added. Sure the steroids helped, but he was going to be a big man. Barry Bonds went way past what you would have expected from his frame or his father's mature size.

agreed on both McGwire and Bonds

WTF is Tejada doing getting suspended for amphetamines? Amphetamines are dangerous - you do a little much and you can get a shaking nervous attack. You get a little tired or down, sure have a few cups of coffee, tee or diet coke. But I don't get how screwing around with amphetamines helps you performance.

WTF is Tejada doing getting suspended for amphetamines? Amphetamines are dangerous - you do a little much and you can get a shaking nervous attack. You get a little tired or down, sure have a few cups of coffee, tee or diet coke. But I don't get how screwing around with amphetamines helps you performance.

There are a lot of studies that show low doses of amphetamine can help psychomotor performance. However, too much will lead to impairment as well as an impairing crash from exhaustion. I would not recommend recreational use.

Tejada was caught using Adderall, the ADHD medication. It is used by a number of baseball players, but they need to get a medical exception from the MLB.

Back