• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So when did the baseball steroid era start in your opinion?

barry-steroids.jpg

1-miguel-cabrera-marlins-fire-sale.jpg
t1_cabrera_icon.jpg

ROIDZZZ

Wasn't there a Cabrera implicated in this most recent round of suspensions? I'm guessing that wasn't Miguel. But boy, he do look different.

Show his belly too.....that's grown more than any other part of his body.

Show his belly too.....that's grown more than any other part of his body.

now, one thing about ole Cabrera...he loves the alcohol. that will put the major pounds on as well...

i would be pissed if i took roids and had a belly, er, i mean body like Cabrera!

The guy was a skinny, poor 19 yo. Since then he's become a rich 30 yo who can eat and drink what he wants.

Add to this weight training and there are logical reasons for what has happened.

The guy was a skinny, poor 19 yo. Since then he's become a rich 30 yo who can eat and drink what he wants.

Add to this weight training and there are logical reasons for what has happened.

I hope you're right. I like Cabrera. I was really rooting for him to win the Triple Crown last year and hope it was real.

As you can tell from my previous post, I don't follow baseball much these days. What about Chris Davis and his HRs, any suspicions there?

He got a $2 million signing bonus four years prior -- he wasn't poor. Maybe too poor to buy designer roidz, though.

The era started when ballplayers were drinking cocaine laced Coca-Cola.

As you can tell from my previous post, I don't follow baseball much these days. What about Chris Davis and his HRs, any suspicions there?

from what i remember Davis was always expected to be a power hitter but didn't get his shit together in Texas. whenever a player that has not lived up to expectations for a number of years and then has a season (or two) like he is now, there will be suspicions.

chris davis homers by year:

2010: 1 hr
2011: 5 hr
2012: 33 hr
2013: 50+ hr

most obvious case of roids since dwyane wade

Back