• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So, who transfers? Chennault, Desrosiers, and Fields...

It would be truly shocking if Bz was let go. I do not think it will happen.

As big of a mess as this is, you can't have the appearance of players forcing out a coach. I would bet my life that Wellman would not let that situation unfold. If the unthinkable happens and Bz is not the coach next year, there will have to be some kind of cover up: he's moving on to the NBA, personal reasons, health issues, etc., etc. Wellman will not, repeat WILL NOT, let there be an appearance of players running off a coach and then sticking around. No player is bigger than the program. Even McKie. Thats why I think if push comes to shove and the situation is really as dire as it seems, Travis will be gone. There is no chance Travis stays and Bz is gone.

At the same time, if Travis leaves, it is truly hard to visualize Bz standing up there on media day trying to to put a positive spin on the upcoming season. Next year would just be one long, painful journey.

As much as it pains me, I think there is more truth here than any of us would like to admit.

Why not? The players at UNC-ch definitely pushed Dougherty out and the coach that replaced him has won 2 national titles (and counting).

And that was under Dickie Baddour's watch, not Ron Wellman's. I don't think Ron would go for that. Whether he would strongly encourage Bzz to resign, though, I don't know.

We hired the last two coaches with the expressed goals of keeping players.

I don't think I have ever disliked a coach of a team I pull for more than Buzz...including Jim Zorn and The ol' Ball Coach.

I thought it might be...do the same rules apply for transfers as recruits? I just ask him to ask if he has heard that he is transferring.

Screw the McKie talk then. Have him push Shaka to Wake.

We hired the last two coaches with the expressed goals of keeping players.

+1. Especially Gaudio. Wouldn't be the first time we've let players affect a coaching change.

Still don't think it will happen in this case but it's not unprecedented

What I think is actually happening with our decision-makers:

Jeff: Ron, be prepared we are going to lose some players. No big deal, they need to go so we can improve.

Ron: Jeff, I trust you implicitly. Everything is going splendidly just like we discussed. You handle things in whatever way you think best. But, be prepared--those idiots on the boards will fuss like the world's coming to an end. Just ignore them. That's what I do. They'll get over it. By the way, have a great week-end.

A little bird told me a few weeks ago that Bzz only has 8 months of service left until his NBA pension vests......

Also, if someone is handing out BMs, I would like one. BM me. Now.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I heard that these transfers are a reaction to the team being told that Bz will continue to be the head coach and has the University's full support. Also, Travis is still thinking things over - not what I wanted to hear.

It would be truly shocking if Bz was let go. I do not think it will happen.

As big of a mess as this is, you can't have the appearance of players forcing out a coach. I would bet my life that Wellman would not let that situation unfold. If the unthinkable happens and Bz is not the coach next year, there will have to be some kind of cover up: he's moving on to the NBA, personal reasons, health issues, etc., etc. Wellman will not, repeat WILL NOT, let there be an appearance of players running off a coach and then sticking around. No player is bigger than the program. Even McKie. Thats why I think if push comes to shove and the situation is really as dire as it seems, Travis will be gone. There is no chance Travis stays and Bz is gone.

At the same time, if Travis leaves, it is truly hard to visualize Bz standing up there on media day trying to to put a positive spin on the upcoming season. Next year would just be one long, painful journey.

The statement in bold is very true, however... 1) We are talking players, not player. And without players, there is no program. 2) And most importantly, it is also true that no coach is bigger than the program.

99TheFan discussing [Redacted] and Wellman. Fast forward to the 7:25 mark for the Wake stuff. Pretty damning what ESPN guys think of this crap. My favorite part is when they ask why hasn't Wellman fired Bz effective this morning. Reason being that Wellman is still in Boston. Answer- fire him via Skype cause that's all [Redacted] deserves at this point. Hilarious!

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/999thefan/audio/10896771/?id_related=3297567

That link needs to be included in one or more of the emails to Hatch. If most of his basketball info is being filtered through Ron Wellman, maybe this will shock him into reality.

UNC-CH alums had as much to do with Doh's departure as the players.

So we do have some responsibility in this situation!

Back