• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

So, who transfers? Chennault, Desrosiers, and Fields...

Don't shoot the messenger, but I heard that these transfers are a reaction to the team being told that Bz will continue to be the head coach and has the University's full support. Also, Travis is still thinking things over - not what I wanted to hear.

So in less than two years we've gone from "Can [Redacted] keep JTT, McKie, Chennault, Carson, and Tabb?" to "Can [Redacted] keep McKie?"

Please tell me we've hit rockbottom.

Maybe somebody should get in touch with Timmy or CP3 and ask if the Spurs or the Clippers need a scout.
Maybe somebody should get in touch with Timmy and CP3 and ask them to tell Wellman he is insane if he is keeping Bzd amid all of this bad stuff (recent and prolonged). He has to respect all-star NBA former players, doesn't he?

Maybe somebody should get in touch with Timmy or CP3 and ask if the Spurs or the Clippers need a scout.

Can't he just collect unemployment for a few months and then get his pension? Buzz makes me seriously angry. Mediocre at his job but keeps getting opportunity after opportunity. Must be nice to be a middle aged white guy with the right connections.

Don't shoot the messenger, but I heard that these transfers are a reaction to the team being told that Bz will continue to be the head coach and has the University's full support. Also, Travis is still thinking things over - not what I wanted to hear.

If this is true, I just have no more faith that Wellman, or any of the higher ups have the capacity to handle this situation correctly. We have hit rock bottom, but Wellman is determined to keep digging that hole so we can fall even further. What a disgrace.

Really, really hope this isn't true. Players Bz recruited himself decide after two years that they don't want to play another minute for him, so they bail. And the University has no problem with this.

If true, these facts speak for themselves.

That my friend is ROCK BOTTOM.. We keep Buzz and let the players leave. How can the administration be so stupid/stubborn?

Players transferring in reaction to learning that their coach is staying is truly incredible and is unlike anything I've ever heard since I began following college basketball.

Bzzz has to see that he has no control, is not effective and is running this program into the ground. Granted he gets a lot of money for screwing up royally, but still...has he no pride? The man needs to look in the mirror and practice saying, "Ron, old friend, I'm just not gettin' it done here. I've tried my best, but that's not good enough. For the good of the program, I'm resigning. I hope you understand." And then he needs to have lunch with RW and say it to his face.

Really, really hope this isn't true. Players Bz recruited himself decide after two years that they don't want to play another minute for him, so they bail. And the University has no problem with this.

If true, these facts speak for themselves.

Actually Fields is a freshman, so I think that's one year.

Players transferring in reaction to learning that their coach is staying is truly incredible and is unlike anything I've ever heard since I began following college basketball.

I feel their pain. Seriously.

So in less than two years we've gone from "Can [Redacted] keep JTT, McKie, Chennault, Carson, and Tabb?" to "Can [Redacted] keep McKie?"

Please tell me we've hit rockbottom.

I still don't think we are at rock bottom with this guy as the head coach. I'll let you know when I do. But, for now, it appears to me that we are still dropping. Incredible.

We can confirm Carson:

Jeff Goodman ‏ @GoodmanCBS

It's been speculated, but is now a done deal: Wake Forest forward Carson Desrosiers is transferring out - source told http://CBSSports.com.

Wellman has hired 3 basketball coaches in his tenure here. All 3 underachieved with the talent they had. Skip you could say only underachieved in the postseason but the other two underachieved in both the regular and postseason. Wellman's background is in baseball. He doesn't know what it takes to be a successful basketball coach at Wake and he never will. Until he's gone nothing will really dramatically change. He is 64 and his best work is behind him. He hired Grobe and got Wake Tower built. And that could have been his legacy, but he's hung on for too long and has allowed this NCAA tournament committee thing to delude him and apparently Hatch and the BOT that he knows his stuff regarding basketball. Even if Bzz were to go Wellman isn't going to hire a Groce or Shaka type guy. He doesn't have the know-how or the connections.

I still don't think we are at rock bottom with this guy as the head coach. I'll let you know when I do. But, for now, it appears to me that we are still dropping. Incredible.

I hate to contemplate how much farther we could possibly fall

Back