• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Soda Stream

discdude

Lampin in the cut
Reaction score
Which model should I choose? The options are (I am putting it on a registry at Bed Bath and Beyond):

The Genesis
The Pure
The Revolution

I have no interest in the syrups. I am just looking to make some tasty sparkling water.

We have the revolution and my wife loves it. I like that there are different bubble settings on the revolution but I don't know a lot about the other models.

I have the penguin, though I guess they don't make it any more. It doesn't have bubble settings. But I still love it.

If you are just making sparkling water, save your money and get the Genesis. That is the one we have. If you want it more carbonated, press the button longer. If you over carbonate it, leave the lid off for a little while to let it flatten some, meanwhile make some more with your other container.

Is this crap any good?

i got the lowest level one and it works fine but i wish i had gotten one of the cooler looking ones. mine is really plasticy. also screwing on the bottle takes a few seconds, i think it's a bit easier with some of the other ones.

Is this crap any good?

I guess this also a question I have. I drink pelligrino now, but would like to avoid lugging that shit, tearing through bottles that go into recycle and finally cost (I realize the time it will take to make back the cost of initial investment). Although all of that is irrelevant if it doesn't taste good. Anyone have a comment on this?

20111012-FreestyleMachine-Main.jpg

I thought this was a thread referring to this...worst invention ever for sweet tea drinkers who only need ice.

You don't have to interact with the screen for ice - it's the push bar underneath.

I think they meant it takes forever for people to make decisions and there's normally only 1 machine so waiting for ice takes forever

I think they meant it takes forever for people to make decisions and there's normally only 1 machine so waiting for ice takes forever

The Moe's near me has a separate ice machine next to the tea, which is really nice. The freestyle machine or whatever it's called definitely slows down drink decision making.

NO!

It's the dumb bitch in front of me who didn't take 20 seconds to think about what she wanted to drink while she was filling her fucking stupid god damn tenth salsa cup up at the salsa bar.

The machine is not to blame - just the fucking cattle that aren't able to plan more than 2 seconds before they shove something into their mouths.

well, some people haven't seen them before and don't know what options are available. and sometimes it's pretty slow to react when you have to press a few buttons to get to the desired flavor.

I have been thinking about getting one of these to make tonic and club soda for cocktail mixers. I know I would have to get some syrup for tonic water, not sure about club soda. Anybody tried this?

I have been thinking about getting one of these to make tonic and club soda for cocktail mixers. I know I would have to get some syrup for tonic water, not sure about club soda. Anybody tried this?

we only use it for club soda. we've never used any syrup at all. i really like it for mixers. i typically just do vodka and soda water and then squeeze some lemon or lime juice directly in the glass too. i love it.

thanks. I spend a good bit of money on those little six packs of club soda and tonic, because if I get a liter bottle it goes flat before I can use it. may be a good christmas gift for me. Or hell, maybe a july 4th gift.

Back