• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Someone tried to assassinate the Republican candidate for president

The WSJ article said the guy "...tried to grab a police officer's gun so he could kill the presidential candidate after planning an assassination for about a year...". Really? It took him a year to come up with that?

lol I was thinking the same thing.

Its definitely a story but the sad thing is I bet there are lots of these types of mickey mouse attempts that never get reported on all candidates and presidents over the years. Regardless you would think it would get some attention given the vitriol and general hate being directed towards Trump and his supporters.

Sincerly hope Trump wears a bulletproof vest during every outdoor appearance. Unfortunately too many unhinged people with access to guns. Arenas and theatres are much safer for Trump.

Agree. You have a lot of irresponsible idiots out there calling Trump the next Hitler, comparing his supporters to nazis...some of these rash morons might even be on this board. Given how unhinged and violent some of the anti-Trump crowd is, that sort of reckless rhetoric is just asking for trouble.

Maybe it's because all of the reporters had been banned by the Trump campaign so there was no one to cover it.

It wasn't Reince Priebus, was it?

If there was never any serious incident with Obama with the fact he is so hated as well as black, the secret service is damn good these days and I don't foresee anything happening anytime soon.

I heard about this " trump assassination plot" yesterday on an obscure show called the Nbc nightly news. Still waiting for the lame stream media to pick up this story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I heard about this " trump assassination plot" yesterday on an obscure show called the Nbc nightly news. Still waiting for the lame stream media to pick up this story!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I saw it on the front-page of that conservative rag yahoo.com

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

It happened on Saturday. It's Tuesday. The world has moved on to the Brexit, Trump's financial disclosure, and whatever random Hillary conspiracy you guys are peddling today.

Just because you showed up after the party was over doesn't mean it never happened.

Odd choice of phrase to use in reference to an assassination attempt. The thing is, I think any honest observer would admit there was nowhere near the amount of coverage for this story that one would expect.

Back