• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Soros calls Obama “greatest disappointment”

Ssshhhhh... don't spoil their fantasy land.

Identity politics is the pillar of the Tunnels Left.
Racists can vote for a black person. People have multiple interests and motivations. For a clue, what did Obama and Trump have in common? "Hope & Change" "Make America Great Again", notice anything similar?

It's always amusing to hear people who blatantly play to the views, beliefs, and prejudices of white Evangelical Christians, the white working class, and to rural, small-town white America, complain about liberals using "identity politics" to win elections. Identity politics doesn't just mean minorities.

Forget it, he's rolling

maxresdefault.jpg

Ssshhhhh... don't spoil their fantasy land.

Identity politics is the pillar of the Tunnels Left.

It's the entire foundation of Trump and the right...

Re: You didn't build that

Here's the entire quote and context (something the lazy, dishonest right has use in sohwing):

"There are a lot of wealthy, successful Americans who agree with me — because they want to give something back. They know they didn’t — look, if you’ve been successful, you didn’t get there on your own. You didn’t get there on your own. I’m always struck by people who think, well, it must be because I was just so smart. There are a lot of smart people out there. It must be because I worked harder than everybody else. Let me tell you something — there are a whole bunch of hardworking people out there. (Applause.)

If you were successful, somebody along the line gave you some help. There was a great teacher somewhere in your life. Somebody helped to create this unbelievable American system that we have that allowed you to thrive. Somebody invested in roads and bridges. If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen. The Internet didn’t get invented on its own. Government research created the Internet so that all the companies could make money off the Internet.

The point is, is that when we succeed, we succeed because of our individual initiative, but also because we do things together. There are some things, just like fighting fires, we don’t do on our own. I mean, imagine if everybody had their own fire service. That would be a hard way to organize fighting fires."

“You didn’t not build that.” Or “i don’t see any reason why you didn’t build that.”

Back