• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

SOTU Tonight

incredulous.gif

Doing my part tonight to not give that fat orange traitor the ratings he so desperately craves.

‘I believe the time has come to bring that investigation and the other investigations of the matter to an end. One year of Watergate is enough.’
Richard Nixon

At what point during his speech does his mouth go dry, he starts slurring his words and is forced to take a sip of water?

I'll paraphrase it. "I'm awesome, stock market is me, ISIS is me, black unemployment is me, wall is me, I'll read a teleprompter and be called Presidential, and none of this matters until tomorrow's tweets.

Altered State: Trump reduces the State of the Union to its irrelevant essence.

—————
...But Trump takes State of the Union futility to another, final level. Whereas the last few presidents would have seen the news cycle’s immediate trampling of their messages as a frustrating reality, there is no indication that Trump would see it that way. Trump is as mercurial and lacking in attention span as the news cycles that would bury his message, and he is just as likely to be the one trampling on it. There is no reason to believe that he agrees with anything in his speech, or will remember on Wednesday morning what he said Tuesday night. Why should you?

A “softened” Trump is simply one that hides the ball. Consider, for example, the bad-faith way that the administration is presenting the president’s immigration plan...
—————

Very excited to see Kennedy give the democrat rebuttal.

Not me. I'll gladly skip the SOTU and the 5 rebuttals. The SOTU is unwatchable. Sentence, clap, sentence, clap, sentence, you lie (when the speaker is a Kenyan). There will be more than enough coverage in the news tomorrow so that I can read about what Trump talked about and what the rebuttals said. While we're at it, why do we need 5 effin' rebuttals?

No but “the relatives”. Teddy and Patrick?

He should not mention any sexual harassment they way y’all are. Just a comment to be a wise guy. Come on laugh for once.

Gotcha. I just wanted to know what's fair game and what isn't.

If it was OK for Wilson to scream "Liar" when Obama was giving his SOTU. Then it's 100% OK for the #MeToo ladies to scream "You can't grab my pussy" during Trump's speech. He would lose his shit. It would be hilarious.

If it was OK for Wilson to scream "Liar" when Obama was giving his SOTU. Then it's 100% OK for the #MeToo ladies to scream "You can't grab my pussy" during Trump's speech. He would lose his shit. It would be hilarious.

Neither are ok.

Back