• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spicer Presser

I don't know where else to put this, but PPP polling asked "do you think most of the women who protested this weekend were paid to do so by George Soros or not" and Donald voters responded 38-33 in favor of "yes."

That's just insane. I'll have to check the mail when I get home to see if my girlfriend's check has arrived yet or not. I mean who possibly believes this garbage?

So I should interpret this as 2/3 of Trump either believe Soros funded Women's Marches all over the world or aren't sure. So dumb.

Y'all are wrong. Townie is right here: if sailor is as American citizen he should absolutely have a voice in our government and the right to an opinion on what goes on here. Ex-pats are still Americans.

Y'all are wrong. Townie is right here: if sailor is as American citizen he should absolutely have a voice in our government and the right to an opinion on what goes on here. Ex-pats are still Americans.

I don't think anybody was arguing that he shouldn't have a voice. My argument was that it doesn't impact him nearly as much in Slovakia as it does people who are actually paying taxes and dealing with the domestic repercussions of the policies put forth.

your credibility drop significantly if you're commenting on the virtues of a system to which you are largely if no part of or subject to.

In itself it brings down the accuracy of a statement if you haven't experienced it.

Also, you are much more likely to have a hands-off attitude towards it because it doesn't impact you in the least.

Absolutely not. You are free to have an opinion on a topic.

I do feel that you may care less about what happens in America because it doesn't impact you in the least.

Why would you care about any of those things if they don't impact you?

The impact that he feels is clearly less than somebody living in America.

I shouldn't say that he "doesn't care at all", but he certainly isn't going to feel it like people in the USA are.

it's not a bad argument at all, that's ridiculous. why not let all nations of the world participate in the election in some way if the world is as globalized and the US is truly as dominant in affairs as you're asserting

These comments all kind of suggest that his opinion isn't valid or doesn't matter because he doesn't actually live here and experience the consequences of legislation.

Spicer lied again yesterday about that CIA black site and Gitmo executive order not coming from the White House. This is a joke. I don't even know why journalists bother going to the briefings anymore

He didn't just lie, he acted all put upon like the media was making stuff up. It's like his main concern is building up distrust in the media, or something.

Oooooops?

http://gizmodo.com/sean-spicer-just-tweeted-something-that-looks-an-awful-1791649692

White House Press Secretary and shouting ball of wax Sean Spicer has tweeted plenty of dumb things. (And who among us hasn’t?) This morning, though, he may have accidentally compromised the security of his Twitter account.

At 8:42am Spicer sent a string of nonsense out to the world: “n9y25ah7.” It’s not long enough to be the sort of cryptographic hash we’ve seen Julian Assange tweet out in the past—but it’s just about the right length to be a Twitter password. While the string of characters wouldn’t make for a terrible password, it does lack capital letters which suggests that this might be a pocket tweet.

Speaking of censorship, Bannon blasts media today saying it should "keep its mouth shut." And the issue is with message board posters ! ! !

/NPR/ it's not a lie because we can't drill into his head to know exactly what he was thinking and if he meant to deceive us /NPR/

yeah, that was a weird segment yesterday

Had a lengthy conversation with Doofus and HTTD about it. Didn't all agree on it which is fine. My stance is that if you can infer intent in the legal context to a point "beyond a reasonable doubt" to convict a defendant, then it should be good enough for the press/media. I realize it's an analogy and the press isn't operating under any legal standards, but the explanation that we can never know for sure if someone is deceiving us because we're not inside their heads, and therefore we can never call something a lie, makes absolutely no sense at all.

From that view if someone walks outside every day and tells everyone he meets that the sky is red repeatedly for a year then you can't call him a liar because you can't tell if he means to deceive others or not.

Doesn't even get into the discussion that "lie" is used frequently in most colloquial contexts and everyone has a solid grasp on what it means when someone "lies." Trump saying the Philly murder rate is increasing when it's decreasing isn't just a "falsehood," it's a flat out lie and the press should label it as such. At some point, and I believe we are WAY past that point now, the "bias" is going to extreme lengths to avoid calling a spade a spade when all evidence clearly shows that it is a spade.

Back