• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring Football 2023

DeaconiousHooz

Reaction score
I'll be honest, hard pill to swallow when Sam left, legendary wake forest footballer, but he gave us 5 years of all he had and we are forever the beneficiaries of some great football moments as fans. He has truly elevated the expectation for the QB position and other guys as well for our capacity to play good football, and of course the Claw!

But I am really excited to see what Mitch can do. Not sure there is a more high character yet humble guy on our squad. And if he, after several years in the program, just picks up the game and rolls with it, and we don't miss a beat, perhaps another exciting season ahead. This is the time of year that I just get that those super vibes about the season ahead. Everybody is healthy, everybody is motivated and excited to get back out on the field and prove themselves, cant wait!

Those of you with the secret squirrel access, would love to start the discussion and hear and see the trends and all the stories coming out of spring camp!

Last edited:
Why are they all wearing sports bras?
CATAPULT system, tracks their steps (distance run) and other measurable data. . . they've been wearing them for a couple of years now as do many other teams.

In the event that you were just being sarcastic, because I agree, they still do look ridiculous, then insert whatever comeback you'd like, lol

#footballschool. Not sure what this other sporting event is that everyone is watching today. What is basket balls? Never heard of it.

CATAPULT system, tracks their steps (distance run) and other measurable data. . . they've been wearing them for a couple of years now as do many other teams.

In the event that you were just being sarcastic, because I agree, they still do look ridiculous, then insert whatever comeback you'd like, lol
No I genuinely wasn't aware what they were haha

I'll be honest, hard pill to swallow when Sam left, legendary wake forest footballer, but he gave us 6 years of all he had and we are forever the beneficiaries of some great football moments as fans. He has truly elevated the expectation for the QB position and other guys as well for our capacity to play good football, and of course the Claw!

But I am really excited to see what Mitch can do. Not sure there is a more high character yet humble guy on our squad. And if he, after several years in the program, just picks up the game and rolls with it, and we don't miss a beat, perhaps another exciting season ahead. This is the time of year that I just get that those super vibes about the season ahead. Everybody is healthy, everybody is motivated and excited to get back out on the field and prove themselves, cant wait!

Those of you with the secret squirrel access, would love to start the discussion and hear and see the trends and all the stories coming out of spring camp!
Thought Sam was here 5 seasons…not 6?

Wouldn’t think so - he was a senior and productive where he was (I know, look at the competition). May be as good as it gets in the portal this late…?

We’ve been pretty good at identifying IDL in the portal. May be a depth piece.

He’s listed as a 6-2/275 DT. That’s small but not ridiculously small.

Back