• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

THat's just for today, though - is he saying that there's going to be more accumulation with what's going on right now than initially anticipated? plus wednesday?

I think he's saying this is a small tasting. The 10 course meal is coming Wednesday.

He's just saying be prepared:

brace-yourself-winter-is-coming.jpg

This is where the firefighter in me comes out.

In all seriousness, if you do lose power, be extremely careful with gas heaters. Dont bring in gas grills in to use for heat unless its a very well ventilated room. Unless you have gas appliances, most homes do not have a carbon monoxide detector. Its a silent killer and can really mess you up. If the temps inside your home does become unbearably cold, each fire/ems/police station is required to have a backup generator. Most will open their doors, but dont hesitate to go there to warm up.

The NWS also tends to be pretty conservative and will wait as long as possible to call it. I think Drew was calling for a significant event, what, 5 days ago, while the NWS had basically nothing happening.

Drew has thrown enough shit at the walls that eventually something was bound to stick.

Yes it did. This is the snow total map - was completely nuts. Everything was shut down for over a week. I was out of school for two weeks straight. (I hope this image posts correctly).

accum.20000125.gif

That was great. That's the storm that no one saw coming at all. I recall it snowing that morning as I headed to work in Charlotte and it just didn't ever stop for about a day.

Tomorrow will be nothing significant. It's a Tuesday late Wednesday all day special.

I know it's tough, but any idea when Tuesday? I'm in Gboro, supposed to go to an evening lecture at Wake at 7, back on the road by 8:30-9.

Atlanta has already shutdown for Tuesday, and I am sure Wednesday. Public schools, colleges, and government offices all closed. Apparently they are a little sensitive after last time.

I know it's tough, but any idea when Tuesday? I'm in Gboro, supposed to go to an evening lecture at Wake at 7, back on the road by 8:30-9.

What I'm seeing is late Tuesday. You might be close, but the big stuff won't be here until after midnight.

Current Accuweather forecast:

650x366_02101557_hd25-1.jpg

650x366_02101731_hd20.jpg

Last edited:
Atlanta has already shutdown for Tuesday, and I am sure Wednesday. Public schools, colleges, and government offices all closed. Apparently they are a little sensitive after last time.

They just guaranteed themselves no snow. Well played, Atlanta. Well played.

That Accuweather report seems pretty different from the other reports on here

Back