• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

Storm spans a lot of the northeast and Pennsylvania. Looking like the coast will get the most snow and projections for Boston are 10-14". Should be a blizzard type storm in bursts during very early Friday morning. I'm banking that classes will not be in session on Friday.

So what do The Pit meteorologists think about the system moving through WS on Monday next week? Any concerns with the falling temps & precip in the area? Thanks!

So what do The Pit meteorologists think about the system moving through WS on Monday next week? Any concerns with the falling temps & precip in the area? Thanks!

I was just talking about thus with my dad and husband. It's too early but I wouldn't be shocked by at least flurries.

sounds like the mountains of NC are going to get some snow tonight. I'm heading up to Beech Mountain tomorrow to skid around on the artificial snow like substance, so it'll be nice to at least have a dusting of real snow on top of it.

Coming down pretty steady since 1600 over here. Took me an hour to get home in Catonsville from downtown Baltimore, due to all the congested traffic.

Coming down pretty steady since 1600 over here. Took me an hour to get home in Catonsville from downtown Baltimore, due to all the congested traffic.

Route 40. Learn it and love it for days like today.

Doesn't seem like too much going on anywhere on Monday...maybe some freezing rain/icing in Pennsylvania up through New York.

There are a couple storms in the making over the next couple of weeks that people should keep an eye on in the mid-atlantic/Northeast.

Freezing rain overnight Sat-Sun in the DC area, then clear and into the serious deep freeze Monday - Tuesday Single digits for lows.

What's going on in Winston on Monday?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wxii is calling for 50% chance of snow.

At the same time, I got emails from people this morning trying to get word out to farmers about the chance of snow and freezing rain Sunday night into Monday. Right now is pruning season for several crops so it is a crucial time for the agriculture industry in nc.

where are the weather nerds? i just read it might snow both tomorrow and/or saturday?

Got excited when I saw this possibility, but I do not see any source pointing to the chance of snow either day, and predicted temps not even close to the freezing point, and sunny skies this weekend. Cue the debbie downer music.
where are the weather nerds? i just read it might snow both tomorrow and/or saturday?

[video]http://www.resortcams.com/webcameras-blowing-rock.php[/video]

snowing in Blowing Rock and the NWS says a 60% probability of rain turning to snow tonight in the Triad and 20% chance of snow tomorrow.

Back