• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

Allan Huffman is a most follow on twitter for this type of stuff. he'll update every few hours and make the next few work days somewhat distracted

this storm is shifting all over the place it sounds like

Getting very interesting for the Triangle and Triad. Still a good way out though so everything could change but the last couple of model runs are much more favorable.

What's the timeframe for this potential storm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be9KkH4CQAAjeKZ.png:large

This is the mean snowfall for one of the models. Would be quite fun for most of NC. If it's going to be freezing again, which it is, it might as well snow.

Looks really bad for Charlotte and Winston. Overnight the models pulled back east a touch, but just enough to almost leave you guys out of the game. East of I-95 is going to be great for this storm. Near the coast, you will have sleet and freezing rain mixed in that will be really bad.

Looks really bad for Charlotte and Winston. Overnight the models pulled back east a touch, but just enough to almost leave you guys out of the game. East of I-95 is going to be great for this storm. Near the coast, you will have sleet and freezing rain mixed in that will be really bad.

Define "really bad" please

I'm pretty sure his "really bad" means those cities miss out entirely.

Which is, of course, really awesome unless you're a teacher or a student. These areas aren't equipped for these kinds of storms that would cause major problems for the cities, especially in the middle of the week. Why anyone would want them is way beyond me.

Wxii12 is showing 2.3 inches for the triad.

Any updates for the RDU area?

I'm going to go out on a limb and say it doesn't snow in Charlotte to the point that anything sticks.

if I need to travel from Winston to Raleigh Friday evening, how fucked am I?

Last edited:
Only the Euro model calls for 2.3 inches in the triad. WXII is still on the fence with this storm.

That's not how it's presented on the mobile website. The header image is one of a map and it says 2.3 inches for the triad. Perhaps the website department is not on the same page as the meterologist.

Back