• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Spring!

funny enough, it actually tilted the picture so that the snow was coming down at a normal angle....it's almost sideways

3+ hour delay/early is just dumb, spend more time arriving and leaving than in school. Just close it.

it has been warm so the ground (roads) will be too warm to freeze up, right? at least not quickly like last time?

“I don’t know whether to smile at ya, or kick a field goal?"

DC snow isn't that deep, but it's white out conditions outside. And the roads are turrible. Apparently they couldn't pre treat overnight because the rain would've washed it away, so it's all untreated roads with freezing rain/sleet topped with snow.

"Because of weather conditions, the Reynolda Campus of Wake Forest will close today, Monday, March 3, at 3 p.m. Uncertain weather conditions, and unpredictable driving conditions during the evening commute, prompted the University to close early."

Could those in Winston please provide updates on the roads? We have permission to leave early and head home but we're off-site today and can't see roadways from our offices. I'd like to get shit done here but leave while it's still smart to do so. Thanks!

Mixed opinions on when it will actually switch over, seen anywhere from noon to 3pm. I'm planning on going home at lunch.

Could those in Winston please provide updates on the roads? We have permission to leave early and head home but we're off-site today and can't see roadways from our offices. I'd like to get shit done here but leave while it's still smart to do so. Thanks!

Everything is still ok here just outside downtown.

They don't have to make up late starts or early dismissal days.

Which is the crappy part. They sacrificing educational time for our kids. half a dozen half days are nowhere near the same as half a dozen full days.

Also, HP is fine. Picked up my kid at school, drove him to the Y and then grabbed lunch.

When I left work, my car was covered in ice. A few minutes sitting there with the defroster and I was fine. Roads were fine, just wet.

Started coming down crazy hard in DC between like noon-1:45. Seems to be stopped now and may be done for the day. Thinking we got maybe 4-5"?

When I left work, my car was covered in ice. A few minutes sitting there with the defroster and I was fine. Roads were fine, just wet.

Boards Pet Peeve Alert: Many posters actually don't know where you are!

Went home for lunch in Greensboro and car had ice on it when I came back outside. Ice sticking to some metal surfaces, but roads seem fine.

Back